Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkins, and not so scary scarecrows

Yesterday we discovered a gem of San Diego...Bates Nut Farm. It is like 20 min away and in the fall time it is a huge pumpkin patch with some fall activities. We went for the first time and had so much fun! The happened to be having a scarecrow making contest so we got to see all of the really creative ideas that people had for their scarecrows. Here are just a few of the keepers:


That is one of the most attractive farmers I've ever seen! Owow!
The amount and size of the pumpkins they had was amazing! There were hundreds, maybe even thousands of pumpkins of all sizes and Teagan was in love with them! He went from pumpkin to pumpkin, then he'd bend over and eat some straw then play on the pumpkins again. He was in heaven!

They had all these farm animals that you could look at and feed corn...Teagan really like this beautiful Turkey. Just think, only 2 more months til we can eat him!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

What a fun day on the farm!!

Garth and Alicia said...

You truly have a darling little family. Teagan is such a cute boy! Is that a new car seat? I really want one that we can face forward like that. I bet Teagan is so much happier in that than a rear facing one. I feel bad making Palmer face the back seat. Like he's being punished. How old was he when you faced him forward? Tell me about it!

Blatter said...

Teagan is getting so big! Loved the pictures, and those pumpkins looked huge!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

How fun! We went to gardner village the other day and they had all the witches out, kinda like the place you went to. I love that stuff!

Garth and Alicia said...

I emailed you a link for car seat info. After I asked you on here I searched online for the 'rules'. They are so confusing because of the weight limits on car seats...ect. See what you think. I don't know...

Mickie Ann said...

It's the Great Pumkin Charlie Brown.... you found them!!!! Those pumkins are HUGE!!! Wish there was some place cool like that I knew about we could go to. WOW!! You look like you are all having lots of fun!

Mickie Ann said...

you are friends with Ricky Blatter... his couzins are.. were my neighbors growing up... our backyards met..WOW!! Such a small world!! -

Heidi and Matt said...

melissa, looks like so much fun. that is the best part of fall I think. looks like you guys are doing good and you get to spend a little time with zac

Erin said...

How fun!!! I want to go to a pumpkin patch! I just love Fall. :) So I didn't want to post on our blog where we got interviews because I'm paranoid, but they are at a school in San Francisco (UOP), Loma Linda (only like an hour an a half from you!), and USC. So we have TWO options in SoCal! That would be so awesome if we could live close to you for at least a year. I would just LOVE that! I've missed having you close for the last two and a half years. I am reminded of this every time I spend time with you... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!! Your little one is getting so big?? You look so cute...miss you guys