Friday, October 3, 2008

Help!

So at first I was so excited that Teagan could pull himself up on everything. He seemed so much happier, but I've learned the bad side. A few days ago he started pulling himself up in his crib. ahhhhh! The first time I walked in and he was standing he had this HUGE smile and you could tell he was so proud of himself, but now anytime he is awake in his crib he stands up.

I used to be able to rock him a little, sing a song, and lay him in his crib and he'd just roll around until he fell asleep. Now he stands up and wakes himself completely back up. Do I just let him scream until he sits/lays back down? I can't rock him to sleep every time, he just wakes up when I lay him down anyway so I don't see the point.

Usually in the mornings he wakes up a few times and then puts himself back to sleep until 7 or so. This morning he was was making noises before six. I just layed there like usual, waiting for him to go back to sleep, but I could tell he was wide awake...and really happy. I walk in and in his pitch black room he is standing up in the crib blabbering on. I laid him back down and was greeting with shrill screams and I knew that both of our mornings were going to start then. His happiness last about 4 minutes and lets just say it was a rough morning. Apparently he's like his mamma and needs his sleep!

What do I do? You've all been through this right? Is there a way to get them to stay layed down? It seems like once he stands it is all over. Maybe I can put spikes on the crib bars so that he can't grab on and pull himself up...maybe that's a step too far. jk I'd love to hear any suggestions that you have.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I walked in on the same thing with Carson the other night! The problem with him is that I don't think he knows how to get back down once he's up without just falling. Sorry I don't know what to tell you to make it stop, but I thought that you would like to know that I know how you feel!! haha

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Jack does the same thing and I think that the most important thing is that you teach him that his crib is for sleeping, not for playing so only put him in when he's really tired and if he stands up, he'll eventually lay down and go back to sleep. Don't stress about it.

Julie said...

Kate did the same thing. We figured she had to learn how to get back down and go to sleep--which means some crying, but he will figure it out! It is pretty funny though! I love when they start calling out for you and look so pleased with themselves when you come in!

Looks like fun at the pumpkin patch too! Teagan is such a little cutie!