Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween---warning--very long post!



Since our ward doesn't have trunk-or-treat and we don't have good costumes we decided to take a little trip to Valencia to see my mom this weekend. It was a blast! Friday night was trunk-or-treat, then Saturday we ate at the delicious stonefire grill and relaxed and did our laundry, and the rest of the weekend I started Teagan's awesome Christmas present.

We got there with only a few hours to figure out our costumes. After trying on EVERYTHING in the box (this is by far my favorite part of Halloween each year) we decided on not dressing up (we found out only the kids dress up) and Teagan was a scary, bald, version of Edward Cullen.
When we tried on the wigs we were laughing so hard we were crying, it was too funny



At the trunk-or-treating Teagan participated in the cake walk and he won! He won a cupcake and he loved it! I think Zac's favorite part of the weekend was being able to watch football on Saturday. Our TV is a little terrible so he enjoyed the luxory of more than one channel of football and Teagan didn't mind loungin around either. I hope he isn't developing bad habits early on...


After all was said and done everyone was pooped this afternoon and decided to take naps.
Here is the beginning of Teag's Christmas or Birthday present. My mom has SOOOOO MUCH different fabric and buttons and doodads and dingleberries and anything a sewer could imagine. She gets it for AMAZING prices at the school where she teaches (FIDM) in LA. SO I decided to put the fabric to good use. I'm making Teagan one of those quiet books for church and whenever. I know they have patterns, but I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants for this one.
The page on the left is a see through page with different things that you can move around underneath...what you can't see are the curvy lines sewn on top so you can push the stuff through a "maze."
The one on the right is a monster. It is awesome, I promise. It is super furry and the mouth opens. Inside the mouth are a fish and cat attached to stretchy string so you can pull them out of the mouth and they bounce back in...haha, this was my mom's idea...she is so creative! Love you mom! There will be many more pictures and posts since this is going to have 14 pages...I'd love any creative idea!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Cute book! He will love it. Btw: love the booger pickin' picture. :)

Unknown said...

I love the book! And his costume is sooo cute! I think it is important to have babies around so that we can dress them up and have a good laugh :D

Julie said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I wish I could have been there, I love the costumes, I miss mom's costume box, she has got some good ones! And I can't wait to see the finished book, I love the see through page, that is a great idea!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

You are so crafty!! I cannot make stuff like that!! If you have any extra feel free to make one for Jack

Emily said...

so I'm just wondering is the booger picking a family trait from our dads side? He is so cute and he is even better looking than the real Edward!

daegan said...

that vampire costume rocks! what a stud. your book is so sweet too. hopefully it will survive all of your kids for you to treasure later on. love the monster! you could do just a full zipper page, all sorts of kinds and in all directions. you could also do 2 pages with different animals on them like a pigs butt with a wiggly tail (you know those pre-spiraled shoe laces?) and you could do a side view and make the pig really fat and stuff it so it has a squishy belly. a horse with a yarn mane to feel. a frog with buggy eyes that wiggle and a long tongue. a fuzzy/fluffy chicken. a bumpy crocodiles back. a pocket that looks like water waves and a fish that can jump out that's attached by a string in the pocket. a butterfly who's wings flap. just a touch and feel sort of thing. i bet it's going to be the cutest book ever when your finished!

Mickie Ann said...

WOW I loved the wig on Teagan!! That's what your daughter will look like some day!! :) The quite cook is WAY WAY cute!! SOunds like lots of fun. We miss you all!!

Anonymous said...

Confession: I never knew what that red thing was for... haha I'm glad you guys were able to figure out that it was for a vampire costume!

ps. I was really excited that you guys were somewhere where a Harry Potter poster was in the background... then I realized you guys were in my room :)