Thursday, October 16, 2008

So much fun!

There are many items of business so here is the agenda:

1. New Favorite song
2. 5k
3. Walking
4. Peekaboo
5. Family

1. I always go through song phases. I absolutely fall in love with a song and for about a month I can hear that song any number of times and I can't get enough! My current song is Viva La Vida by Coldplay. It is some combination of his voice and the violins that intrigue me. I tried to look up the lyrics so I could try to understand the song, I think it's about a guy who realized that all his life he's been famous and popular and the leader and that as he gets older he realizes that he doesn't "rule the world" anymore. I just love this song!

Teagan loves it too! Every morning for breakfast I find it on youtube and we watch the music video. Teagan LOVES it and always bobs his head and waves his arms...which makes feeding him a little difficult. If we are in the car and it comes on the radio he gets excited with me and we sing along. I love my little buddy!


Here is the link to the video...I can't figure out how to put the video right into my blog so you'll just have to click. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE


2. My sister-in-law Sheena (http://adamandsheena.blogspot.com/) just ran a 5K and I decided that I should probably try that at least once in my life. I went online and found a training program that will take me from the "couch to 5K" in 9 short weeks. I'm running in the Dec 13th Jingle 5K (we get to wear jingle bells while we run!!!!!). I luckily was able to drag my mom into running it with me so she is following the same program. I also got my neighbor Megan (the one with the little girl) to join me in the training and hopefully the race!!! We go to the park every morning and run our guts out then feed the ducks bread and play on the toys.

Teagan LOVES LOVES LOVES the swing! Every time we run/walk by the toys he starts hyperventalating and laughing/squealing. It is hilarious. When he finally gets to swing he LOVES it and cries when I take him out. I hope I can stay motivated!

3. Teagan's walking is so cute! He'll walk across the room now and he loves it! He always is so proud of himself after he finishes walking a long distance. There are definately battle wounds from faceplants into every object in the apartment, but he is getting sturdier every day!

4. Teagan is starting to play peekaboo with me and it is so fun. He hides behind the couch and then pops his head out and I yell peek-a-boo and he squeals. I was playing with the camera today and he thought it was especially hilarious. :)

5. Zac's family (mom, dad, jess, grandma, grandpa, and stacey) are coming for Thanksgiving and we are so excited! We are all going up to my mom's house where we get to see my brother and sister-in-law, Brian, Elise, and their kids, Ethan, Grant, and Sasha(http://bedurtschi.blogspot.com/). I think me and Teagan will go up early so he can play with his cousins for longer than a day or 2!

5 comments:

Paul and Aubrey Young said...

Your little boy is so cute. I dont know if you know me, but I am Tyler Richins littler sister, so I went to school with Zac.
Aubrey Young

youngnyoung.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!!!

Heidi and Matt said...

Sounds like you guys are doing good! I LOVE coldplay, definately one of my very favs right now!!! Glad you get to see the fam soon!

Melanie said...

We need to get together now that you are in S.D! Give me a shout.
Your cuz- Melanie
melaniemcg@gmail.com

Brenda said...

Teag is so cute. He kinda looks like Sarah's little guy, Zac.