Thursday, October 23, 2008

On a happier note...

I appologize for the last somewhat whinny post! I didn't mean to depress anyone, including me! I should be grateful for being busy! Tutoring means that we have money coming in and that stress isn't as bad now. We have been SO blessed with tutoring. I have been getting calls almost every other day for new clients and my schedule is booked! I tutor Mon-Thurs from 3-8:30 with a few 30 min breaks and occasional cancelations (talk about math overload, jk). It means trying to get dinner ready by 1 or 2 and making sure that Teagan is worn out and asleep by 3, but who can complain about getting an answer to a prayer!

I've had to turn down a few customers:
1. 43 year old man who forgot the name of his math class....ya, just a little scary.
2. 18 year old who couldn't speak English...it's not racist, I just really can't tutor someone if we don't have a language in common.
3. Anyone with statistics...I cannot tutor that subject!
4. And one other person who just sounded weird, and gave me a bad feeling. You can never be too careful when you are meeting strangers!

I've only been fired twice:
1. The lady finished the online class...no offense taken
2. I suck at highschool Saxon math, thus the first appointment went horribly and they decided not to reschedule...my only excuse: Saxon math is confusing!

That is my business so far. I make enough to pay rent and buy us groceries. We even went out to Coldstones for a buy one get one night! We are livin large in the city of San Diego and life couldn't be better.

Get ready for an awesome post this weekend...we're goin to see g-ma packer for Trunk-Or-Treating. Get ready cause we are gonna have AWESOME costumes!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I am totally with you on the whole Saxon math thing!! My kids have been doing it since kindergarten and it is pretty popular. Gabe does fine with it but Marle doesn't do as well with it because they have one or two of each type of problem and she doesn't get enough correct practice to solidify the technique/idea. I'm a speech/language girl and I have a heck of a time figuring out what Saxon wants half the time. I'm glad you, the math-y girl, have a hard time with it too... makes me feel a little less inept.

daegan said...

that's awesome you pay rent and groceries! i would have to make quite a bit to do that for us! i remember in middle school zac painted his face green and wore a colored tux and he was THE MASK. ha ha ha!

Julie said...

That is great you are earning that much! I bet that feels great! I am looking forward to pictures from this weekend! I hope you guys have/had fun!