
Sorry about me being blog happy, but I am currently thrilled (almost more excited than when I was doing Calculus). Over the 8 months of Teagan's life we have always relied on avent for our bottling needs. When it came to buy the next size of nipples I was extremely frustrated. They sell bottles in packages of 3 and nipples in packages of 2. This was extremely irritating becuase I don't want just 2, but I also don't want an extra nipple. Oh the choices.
Well, today I'd finally had it, I'd washed my last bottle. So I looked up Avents customer service number to complain. The lady I talked to was grumpy and after I told her my story she was like "I'll file a request with the marketing department." I knew that would do absolutely nothing, and I wanted something out of this, so I tried a different route. Our conversation:
Me: have you ever seen Father of the Bride?
Her:Yes (chuckle)
Me: You know the part where he is buying the hotdogs and buns and he can't math them up.
Her: yes (through her laughter)
Me: That's what I feel like doing every time I'm buying nipples, I feel like I need to just rip the packages open so I don't have extra nipples laying around.
Her: What kind of bottle do you use, I'm sending you one as a courtesy.
Me: Really? Thank you so much....blah blah blah.
Can you believe it? I was ecstatic! A free bottle and I made the grumpy lady laugh. I guess it's all in a day's work.

7 comments:
I remember when we were kids your mom got a whole bunch of coupons for free bags of m&m's because she called and complained about the freshness or something. Funny... like mother like daughter. Yea for free things!!
Good job! It looks like your little family is having an amazing time in California!
Rebekah
geeze! who want's an extra nipple? that would just make things complicated. how the heck would you buy a swimsuit??? j/k. i couldn't resist. so... your sis was here today, and man do i miss her. she sure loves you and zac. your little guy is deffinitely a stud muffin! wow! he is so handsome. i am still jealous of the beach time...
Wow. I know Melissa you are thinking that I am a crazy lady you don't know that hacked into your blog, but I actually use to be your hubbies little dweeby neihbor! Only neihbor might I add, and I'm still a dweeb. Tell Zachery Ashley Hill (now Ash Farmer) said Hello and you have a beautiful baby. I found your blog through Julie's and found Julie's through Kortnee's. Sorry for the invasion, just had to say Hi.
Haha! Way to be, Melis. You're good at that kind of stuff. We bought a car about a week and a half ago and I kept wishing you were there to negotiate. You sure know how to effectively get your point across. Can you pass some of those skills to me, please? :)
You crack me up! When I read your blog I'm so sad we didn't live by each other longer. I'm need a couple of crazy friends!
That is hilarious! And can I just say Daegan is hilarious!
Post a Comment