Monday, September 22, 2008

Sigh of relief...

So I hate to talk about money, but I just have to share this story because it is such a relief and such a special experience for us! So my dad handed down a piece of land to each of his children for Christmas 2 years ago which is completely amazing. We are excited to have an investment, and feel so lucky. But then a few weeks ago we got the bill for the taxes in the mail...About $1200! I know for some of you that is pocket change, but we about died when we saw it. We weren't really sure how we were going to pay for it and we have just been praying that something would work out.

Well today I got an email from a friend who asked what I was going to do with my PERSI retirement money from our job at Skyline. I remember filling out a PERSI form when I got hired, but I honestly didn't really think it would do much. I didn't even know that this money existed and I remembered getting a letter a couple days ago from PERSI and I never got around to opening it. I searched for it, found it, opened it and after reading through the information and calling the company I realized that having a job with benefits occasionally pays off. After the tax they take out for taking it early guess how much we get....$1200. I had to call Zac immediately and tell him.

I thought when I was praying for help with money... How is God going to help us come up with an extra $1200? He can help me get new tutoring jobs or maybe find $20 in a pair of old jeans, but $1200 normally doesn't just show up, but I knew that I just had to try really hard to have faith. It is just amazing to me how every tiny detail of my life works out when I involve my Heavenly Father. My testimony of tithing and prayer grew today.

6 comments:

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

That is awesome! I love how heavenly father knows just what you need and his resources are endless. It's amazing how far faith will take you.

daegan said...

i love those sorts of experiences. and it makes you even more grateful because sometimes you don't think you deserve something or you shouldn't ask for it. but it's so rewarding and strengthening to know you are never alone and that heavenly father loves to help and wants to hear your prayers! i think that is an awesome story!!!

Sheen said...

I just got a Bissel vacuum & it works wonders! {scroll down on my blog.} It's quiet, obviously picks up everything & it comes in awesome colors... like pink. :) You should get one even if yours still works! Our other works, but just the hose part. So, it's a garage vacuum now.

Julie said...

I am glad you had such a great time with mom down there! That is so fun! That is such a neat experience too. Good thing you paid 30% tithing this month!

Blatter said...

I am so glad things worked out!! I have to tell you I had a dream about you and Teagan last night. We were in Idaho Falls, and I was driving by a gas station and you two were standing outside. I pull up and you hand me Teagan because I was so excited to see you guys and he didn't know me and kept whimpering!!!! I kept trying to say hi to him and bond but he just didn't like me anymore. Then I asked if we could play and settlers and . . . then I woke up!

Heidi and Matt said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing that!