Monday, September 22, 2008

WEekend with Grandma Packer!

My mom came and spent the weekend with us and we had a lot of fun! It was nice to actually get out and do something and have a familiar face around.

Saturday was really fun, we went down to La Jolla and got in touch with our wildlife side. There is a beach called "Children's Place" that was built in the 1930's for little kids to play. They built this big wall sothat the waves weren't so big and then the sea lions took over!!! They decided they liked having the wind blocked too. Now the whole beach is covered in poop and sea lions. It was fun to sea the sea lions up close, but I think that they should get shipped out so that the kids can have it again! All the stinking tree hugging animal rights people won't have any of that though.

You know, if they were beautiful animals I'd feel a little differently about the situation...but look at them. These pictures are taken from the wall that they built around the little sandy area. So this shot is looking back at the street from the wall. Look at all that seagull poo!
If you click on this picture you can see one of Teagan's top teeth, they are finally in!!!! Thank goodness! I think this is the begining of his "cheeser" smile. He has had so much fun with his grandma!

After the sea lions we walked over to a contemporary art museum. 25 and younger get in free and they let my mom in free since they were closing soon. YAHHHHOOOOO! Do you know what contemporary art is? It is a little weird. They take a piece of canvas randomly sew on 7 cool buttons and it goes up in a museum...really. They had a few cool pieces, but a lot of them seemed like pornography and others didn't seem like art. I guess I'm just not up with the times with art. All in all, it was a nice thing to do to become more cultured, but I'm not a fan of this kind of art I've decided...

This statue was out in front of the museum, I swear when I saw him I knew we were practically identical! This was one of the exibits that I liked. It is a car made out of this wooden stuff. The room is all windows that face the beach...it was really cool. The lighting is pretty bad in the pic so it's hard to see though. After this picture the workers started following us around to make sure that we didn't take pictures or feed Teagan any more cheerios. I think they were glad when we left.

It cooled off a little this weekend so we broke out the long sleeves and pants. I got this shirt for like $1.50 and I was extremely excited about it! The best thing about my mom coming is that she helped us discover a trick. Since Teagan is so into feeding himself, (ripping the spoon from our hands and getting rice cereal all over his face), my mom suggested giving him one spoon in each hand. It works great! He can't grab if he's already holding onto something! We'll see how long it lasts

2 comments:

Sara said...

Before I read the paragraph about the sea lions, I thought it was a pic of a bunch of dead fish! Sounds like a fun time!!

Heidi and Matt said...

How fun! I miss your mom so much!!! It's so fun to see pictures of her! Looks like a great weekend!