This is my new project:

I decided that if I want to really have a lot of students to tutor I need to make more of an effort to find people. I called up my AWESOME mom last night and she helped me design a flier...okay, she did the entire thing. Isn't it amazing??? You should call her and hire her to make you one! I'm taking them around to some different schools in the area. I think I'll put them in a couple grocercy stores, wal-mart, and Target if the managers will let me. I already took Teagan on a walk this morning and we put some up on a couple of community mail boxes in the area. Hopefully my phone starts ringing!
I also thought I should do a Zac update since it seems me and Teagan get all the blog attention. He started school last Wednesday and he is doing awesome already. He is taking Anatomy, Physiology, Skills and Procedures, Research, Critical Thinking, and Massage...I hate massage (I'll talk about that later). He has class until early afternoon and he stays and studies until they kick him out of the library. Last night he worked at the white board making sense out of his teacher's anatomy lecture (aparently the teacher goes really fast and skips around). It looked pretty intense so I had to get a picture. I'm so proud of my smarty pants hubby!

Now for massage class. I like the idea that I will be his practice person for at home, but what I don't like is the in class experience. They practice massaging each other. Yesterday they had to take off their shirts for it. Sweet ole Zac chose a boy partner because he knows me and my challenges with jealousy too well, but then the teacher made them switch. I just hate the idea of Zac massaging another girl without her shirt on and vice versa. I know I just have to get over it, because it won't be over with this class, he'll be massaging people for the rest of his career. I guess I can be okay with it, I just don't have to like it. :) Zac explained to me that it is strictly clinical practice, no emotions whatsoever go into it. I trust him.
8 comments:
You are so funny! I would totally be jealous too! You know who else you should talk to--well, mom said you were talking to teachers at the schools, but you should talk to head secretaries too, people always call the front office asking for tutors.
man... it would have been nice to have you as a tutor. i was good with math, but i needed a slower pace to learn it. your flyer does rock! are you teaching at home? i had a thought that popped in my head as i was reading. if you are having people coming into your home, i think you should pray, pray, pray about who is allowed in that special place. your home should be safe and protected, along with all that's in it. pray specifically for each person you come in contact with... just a suggestion. it's always been a blessing for me. congrats to both of you and your smarts!
I agree with the whole massage thing... I used to get massages every 2 weeks. One time I went to this male masseuse and it felt just wrong. I was so uncomfortable and tense the whole time I don't think it did a bit of good!y
btw... i don't know where the y came from on the good. It looks like goody. oops.
Hey Melissa, Its JaNan Brown. I decided to start Blogging, its not like I am so busy or anything. Anyways Mickie gave me your address. So I wanted to give you mine so you could check it out. Sounds like you are having fun in Cali. My address is jananbrown.blogspot.com
I can totally see myself having an issue with the massage thing too. You have a great attitude though...I'm impressed. And way to be a go-getter with the tutoring thing! I love that about you. :)
Good luck with the tutoring! What a great skill you have. Just wait till Zac starts doing the "lower back" massage. Tell him, DON'T SPREAD THE CHEEKS"! That's what they tell them anyways.......yeah, I have had to be the recipient of the lower back massage, and may I tell you, I HATE it!
I just checked everyone's blog, it is good to see that you are doing well and not missing us a bit! Can you get your tutoring info in the ward Relief Society bulletin or is that too commercial? You are good at asking for opinions. You could ask the RS president for her opinion and she might know someone who needs a tutor. I couldn't see your flyer very well, but did you mention references were available? You have great references. Did you mention in your flyer that you have a degree in math education? That is a pretty significant statement about your qualifications. Also, on your flyer, you ought to correct the typo, it reflects poorly on your professionalism. Once you get a few students, you'll be overrun, I'm sure. I think Daegan has a good idea, you might consider tutoring in the public library if you don't know someone well. Trade babysitting with a friend or something. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment