Monday, September 8, 2008

Swap meet and party time...

Our weekend was super full and fun which was really nice, especially for keeping Teagan busy. His darn tooth is like halfway in and he is sadder than ever! Anyways, no complaining today. So Saturday morning we decided to go to a swap meet they have down the street. I thought I walked into Tijuana. Everyone was selling fake purses and sunglasses and telling us they were brand name...pretty funny. We were the only white people we saw for the hour and a half that we were there. Now I'm not racist, this really didn't bother me. I just think it is so funny how people who have lived here a while know what the swap meets like so they won't go because they're too good or something, and then clueless Zac and I walk along. I loved it though and I think we'll go back periodically just for the experience. My favorite was when one woman walked up to us and started baby talking to Teagan and then reached out for him. She was super funny. I usually don't let strangers just hold Teag, but she acted like it was perfectly normal. Needless to say she gave us a deal on red peppers (2 for a dollar!). woohoo!

We almost bought this cowboy hat for Teagan, but Zac couldn't get the lady to go lower than $5 so we gave up.

We just had a garage sale and lots of people who came just wanted to buy tools...now I know why. You can resale them in bulk at swap meets!!! This booth had SO many tools it was almost hilarious!

Here is the watermelon we got at the swap meet for $3, I super excited to get a deal!

After the swap meet we went to a party with all of Zac's classmates. Six of the 44 kids in his group live together in a house so they had a get to know everyone bbq. I had a lot of fun getting to know some of his classmates and their spouses. Zac is the only one with a kid, we are one of just a few married couples, and we are the only mormons--this will be a very new experience for us, but it's kind of exciting. Teagan just ate (and loved) his watermelon while we talked.

Teagan's fav song these days is popcorn popping (with actions). Just in the last couple day it seems like he's trying to do the popping action with me. Sometimes he's just waving his arms out excitement, but then he concentrates and moves his hands slowly-so cute. Sorry about my horrible singing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! He is amazing at following along with the song- keep it up I bet he will get it. I would love to go to swap meets- if you see any cute coach purses for a deal keep me in mind!
Love
Rebekah

Mickie Ann said...

wow.. such a cutie.. and your singing sounded great.