Well, I arrived home safely and now it's the post we've all been waiting for...or at least I have been waiting for.
The art show was great. There were a few different artists, but my mom had the front little area. She didn't bring everything that she does, she just chose the best ones. This is her and Judy (the gal in charge).

Elephant Therapy is a group of collages that she made that are awesome. She made a postcard and after having thousands printed off realized that there was a small gramatical error on the back so she cut them up and made them into a bunch of collages. Here are the ones she took to the show.


The stuffed animals are great! Each one is completely unique and they are hilarious! She uses the coolest fabrics, buttons, and other artsy stuff to make animals with a ton of character. She made the displays and everything inside of them (Well the tree she cut down from her yard, but you get the point). One of the stuffed animals sold opening night, yay mom!


My favorite is the 12 Days of Christmas set of postcards. She painted all twelve days into one painting, but the whole painting was then cut into twelve sections, each representing one day, that could be sent as postcards. The idea is to send one postcard a day for the twelve days leading up to Christmas day. As the person receives the cards they can put them together like a puzzle. I think it is SO original and who wouldn't want to receive mail 12 days in a row???

Kirby Heyborne was there performing throughout the better part of the show and it was great. There is something about fabulous music that makes looking at art even better. Most of you probably know Kirby as a cheesy Mormon actor, but he actually is an extremely talented musician and has a few CD's out. I LOVE his music, it is really soothing and he has a great voice. If you go to his website you can listen to his music. Whitney took a video of him at the show, but I think she kept making faces at him to make him laugh...hehe
http://www.kirbyheyborne.com/So the room that connected my mom's area with the rest of the artists was W-I-L-D! The whole room was painted with bright stripes. Thanks go out to Whitney for getting the rest of us to take our group picture, me and whitney don't look alike do we?


In the Rainbow Room they served wine and cheese and grapes and Teagan figured it out quick! He had many many blocks of cheese on sticks. If there are two things Teagan loves they are cheese and Grandma Packer.

It was a very fun evening and I loved being able to see my mom get the credit she deserves for being a wonderful artist! Go Mom!
5 comments:
"Go Mom" is right. I am glad you had fun. Teagan is so adorable too! You have a very talented mother on your hands.
WOW! That's awesome!You and Whitney look too much alike.I guess I still picture you both as little girls.Time flies.Your Mom is an awesome artist!How proud you must be!
So you and Whitney look like you have too much fun together. Did your mom have to pinch you and tell you to be quiet? She's an amazing artist. I love her and I miss her. Tell he hi for me next time you talk to her.
congrats to your mom! she is very creative... i would love to meet her some day.
Your mom is an awesome artist. I love the stuffed animals. Does she have a website I could possibly purchase one off of? Or are they way out of my price range?
Post a Comment