It was supposed to be really fun. I packed hats, sunscreen, and a picnic for us to enjoy, but Teagan had another idea. He was a DREAM on the way there, hardly made a peep. Once we got there he got sick of getting in and out of the carseat and threw awful fits each time I went to put him back in. He just screamed and screamed. I couldn't not buckle him up cause we were driving on cliff edges and I couldn't drive the hour and a half home without getting my stuff done so I just let him scream. Let me tell ya, screaming wears on me quick! Even when I took a 1/2 hour break to just let him run and play he still went crazy when I put him in the carseat.
Well, when I finished we headed home and I was so excited because I knew he was tired and needed to sleep so it would be a nice ride. He slept for about 15 or 20 minutes and then woke up. He was good until the graham crackers ran out and then he cried the rest of the way home. I have NO idea what was wrong. When we got home he didn't want to eat, his diaper was basically dry and he would NOT take a nap. I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to be in the car seat.
On a happier note, I took him to the pool when we got home and he was back to his cheerful self. He giggled and squealed and loved his spiderman suit. Of course I told him "If you throw rocks in the pool we will go home," and within 15 minutes he threw in rocks so our pool trip didn't last long. He was pretty good despite the no nap situation, but I was struggling.
My plan was to put in Monsters Inc and forget about making dinner, but then these great 8 year olds asked if they could come over and babysit, my answer "ABSOLUTELY!!!" They entertained Teagan from 5-7 while I made dinner, did some laundry, folded laundry, and cleaned up the house. Those little girls are THE BEST!

3 comments:
I totally hear ya! I don't have much patience for unending screaming.....thank goodness for your neighbors! How sweet!
Sounds like a busy day. Thank goodness for little girls, someone was thinking of you!
I love your neighbors! That screaming is pretty bad, I feel for ya!
Post a Comment