So me and my sister Julie put together a "blah day packet" for those days where at 7:45 am you're saying "it's going to be one of those days," a blah day. You know those days where you feel like you're not accomplishing anything, your child/children is/are being especially naughty and trying, you don't feel like doing anything, and it's just depressing.
This is what we've come up with when we feel a blah day coming on, to be honest I've been doing this daily, sometimes more than once. It is a way for me to just get going and not be lazy I guess...it is very simple:
1. Open all of the blinds and windows
2. Put on some FUN music, I've been stuck in an 80's rewind this week and I'm LOVING it! Dancing really helps!
3. Set a timer for 10 minutes and do a 10-minute clean up of the house.
4. Make sure your bed is made
5. Get on with your day
This seriously helps me so much. It makes me really feel genuinly happy; life is SO good to me. I don't know how those 5 little steps do it, but I've been more productive, happy, and a nicer mom and wife...weird. YOU should try it!
Veggie Smoothies
16 years ago

3 comments:
I like it - my problem is wanting to start the day... I just keep prolonging it... never getting ready or the kids ready or cleaning up or anything - I am going to try it!! Thanks
That is a great Idea!
Interesting, I'll have to give it a shot!
Post a Comment