Friday, June 5, 2009

A for the day!

So we TRY to have a weekly "family night" where we basically have an organized family activity that doesn't involve the TV. By default we end up watching wheel of Fortune and just sitting around so we figure that once a week it's a good idea to have a little lesson that is already prepared. Sometimes our lessons are "churchy" and we teach Teagan stories from the Bible or Book of Mormon, and other nights we cover topics like love, smiling, body parts, loud vs soft voices, recognizing pictures of grandparents and aunts and uncles and so forth. It's great to have a time to teach Teagan the things that are important in life and have some fun while we do it.

I have to admit that I am super proud this week, usually I don't put this much effort in so I have to record the times that I do! I made paper bag puppets to tell the story of Daniel in the Lion's Den. Teagan LOVED it. He wanted to help "act" for the puppets and was squealing and laughing, good times! I WISH I had someone video tape it, next time we will. If you have kids I definately recommend "family night," it doesn't have to be a religious thing, just something to make fun family memories and teach your kids!
And here is Teagan on the night other than family night watching Wheel of Fortune drinking his milk by dipping his finger in. He loves this show!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Have I told you that we love this show? Kate loves it too. She always shouts out letters. We will have to watch it when you get here later on today.

Adam and Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, you are so incredible!!! And I'm glad you did the cake pops! They're so awesome, huh?! Check out the bakerella blog link on my blog, and you'll get even more great ideas!

Megan said...

I love your puppets!

Matt Berry said...

Sorry about not being able to meet up with you guys while I was in San Diego last weekend but when I got down there they had more on the agenda than what they emailed the week before and I didn't get done until about 10 on Thursday and Friday. Maybe another time.