Zac had to work tonight at one of the labs at his school so I dropped off the missionary's dinner in a ziplock and we went over to eat dinner with Zac. When we got there and opened up the food I realized that I never added the noodles! The soup was a little chicken, lots of carrots, and onions and somes spices and lots of the liquid part. It wouldn't have filled up any normal human, there just wasn't anything to it! The noodles were supposed to be the "meat" of the soup for economic reasons.
I feel bad for the elders, hopefully they have cereal or something to fill them the rest of the way up, but then I realized that maybe this was a good thing!!! I was reminded of a childhood poem:
If you have to wash the dishes,
Such an awful, boring chore
If you have to wash the dishes,
'stead of going to the store,
If you have to wash the dishes,
And you drop one on the floor...
Maybe they won't make you wash the dishes anymore.
Brilliant!!! That is what I call Divine Intervention.*** :) Just kidding, we really don't mind feeding the elders, they just eat such an incredible amount of food!
PS while I was at Zac's school I got to play in the wax maker. It is used to warm up people's hands I guess, but it felt SO cool. I dipped my hand in the wax about 5 or 6 times and look what I ended up with. My favorite part was peeling it off. I LOVE peeling off stuff like that. It is so satisfying it was like 10 times better than a bad sunburn peel...I know that is disgusting, but I know I'm not the only crazy girl who likes to peel!

Zac had to refrain me from getting too out of control so I had to stop, but I could have played in that stuff all night. I've decided that I want to do that with my whole body, how amazing would that be!
***Do I need to explain the joke here? I'm afraid it won't be funny if I explain, but I'm afraid that my blog readers aren't experienced enough poetry analyzers to get what I'm getting at. Replace "wash the dishes" with "feed the missionaries" and you will see.

4 comments:
Haha, poor elders. I'm sure it was still awesome! You are so amazing to make your own noodles!!!
Ha! That's true! We live in a ward with lots of rich people so we don't have to do that!
Oh, the Elders have more then just cereal. THey should. They need to learn to feed them selfs, I was a missionary too and we didn't have members to feed us!! So those in the good ol USA are just dang lucky. Plus most missionary here in the states gain way to much weight. You did a good job and you will be blessed for your efforts!
You make me laugh. I love your blog. I have to check it out every day. We are taking Grandma Packer down to Utah Monday. Hope she can see Julie.
Post a Comment