Friday, February 13, 2009

Nasty Nasty Disgusting, oh my gosh sick experience

So I hate living in an apartment. Today was no exception. I saw a cockroach crawling out from under the fridge this morning and FREAKED! For the last month I have probably seen one or two a week inside of my apartment and it has lead to me sweeping EVERY day and mopping at least twice a week and vacuuming constantly trying to keep the house rid of ANYTHING that a cockroach would want to eat.

I complained to the manager and she suggested that the problem was probably coming from neighbors and that she would look into it, what a bunch of crap, I don't like managers.

Well, luckily Zac's first class was canceled so he was here this morning for the incident. I saw the cockroach and it went to the side of the fridge and so I had Zac pull out the fridge and it was the most HORRIBLE thing I've ever seen. I only looked once before I was dry heaving, but there were probably TEN cockroaches under there, half alive and half dead and it looked like NOBODY had ever cleaned under the fridge before. I was freaking out and luckiily Zac stayed calm and collected and grabbed to vacuum and sucked everything up. I then proceed to mop over the area about 10 times with bleach.

How gross! I was disgusted with my house keeping skills. I just didn't think to scrub under the fridge, now I'll be mopping under there every week. We checked under the other appliances and they were all clear.

The whole time I thought it was my "disgusting" neighbors and all along we were the disgusting ones. I doubt that anybody has a nasty story that can top that!

7 comments:

Angie said...

You are hilarious, Melissa! What an entertaining story. I thought it was going to be some random story about decapitation or dismemberment, or something really disgusting!!!

Angie said...

Not that half-dead cockroaches aren't disgusting.....

Mickie Ann said...

okay, now I know they are gross... but if you step on them just right they make a "POP" sound. It is really cool!! See on my mission in Guatemala they were EVERYWHERE!! So I just would step on them. They do make a cool popping sound!! But here in the States I would be cleaning like a crazed person like you!! Good Luck

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

That's pretty sick but I think I have a plethora of chart topping disgusting stories.. being a nurse and all. But I do hate cockroaches!

Sheen said...

nasty! little creepy crawly things do not belong in houses. i'd be freaking out too!

thanks for the valentine to tay. did you get ours yet?

hope you guys are doing good!

Erin said...

Wow...I am so sorry Melis! I absolutely can't stand bugs of any kind--especially in my house! I can't count the number of times I've told Jared that I can't wait to move into a house. Not that a house doesn't allow bugs to come in, just that I have more control over the cleanliness of my house, etc. I'm sure you can relate. In the mean time, I suggest some good cockroach spray. :)

Cristine Garrison said...

That is pretty sick. I would have dry heaved too.

I have a gross experience, too. Basic plot:

I found a spider in my hair!!!!!
ugh.