My Second question: Who in the heck doesn't put ANY shelves in that one closet???
That would be my apartments. For the first 5 months we've lived here we've used the two additions to our table (leafs? There is no way that is how you spell it) to support cardboard boxes that hold all of our linens, cleaning supplies, tissues, soap refil, TP and more. The games were stacked between the ?leafs? along with the iron, more towels, a cooler, and dish washer soap. It was a slight disaster to say the least.
Then I begged Zac to build me shelves for my Valentines present (early) so we went to Lowe's today and picked out what we needed. I couldn't believe it was $20!!! We thought the board was $5 less, but we had been looking at the wrong sign and the board was already cut so we just had to suck it up. We hadn't planned on spending that much. But I am SOOO happy we did now!
Zac spent an hour or so building it and then I got to reorganize. I know it doesn't look that different because it's all of the same stuff, but it is so much easier to deal with. Before, if I would touch something the wrong way every thing would come crashing down. Now I'm not afraid to open the door, and my vacuum fits now so I can move that out of our room! YIPEE! I'm the luckiest woman alive. Thanks Zac, you're the best!

3 comments:
Looks great! You may want to see if your landlord will take the price of the materials off your rent since you "improved" his apartment.
That looks soooo much better! That is pretty dumb it didn't come with shelves to begin with-but you guys did a great job! I agree with Brenda, your landlord should pay you back!
Isn't wonder the simple pleasure we find joy in!! Jeff let me buy a plastic self thing that I could put our many toys on!! It is so cheap and dorky looking but !! I LOVE IT!!" Happiness in simple things is the BEST!!! Your closet looks wonderful!!! - oh and I agree with the rest... your landlord should repay you!!!
Post a Comment