Thursday, January 8, 2009

Winter isn't so bad...

Well I never got to posting Christmas because the pictures are at my mom's house. My sister Julie posted about it and it is about exactly what I would have posted so you can look at her pictures and comments and everything. Here is the link


So about a week ago we were watching the news and they had a multiple choice question. It said: "When will the weather in San Diego start getting warm again?"

a. January 22
b. February 4
c. January 6
d. February 20

When I saw the list I got excited because that meant that I only had two months of winter left (at most!!!). I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it begins to warm up January 6th!!!! I just have to say that I LOVE THE WEATHER HERE! Now I understand why people will pay such rediculous amounts for homes here. I haven't missed the snow yet, Zac has, but I've somehow survived without.
As teenagers Zac and I both had the opportunity to visit Balboa Park. Neither of us were impressed and I know that I pouted most of the time because I didn't like museums...mom, I'm sorry I was a bratty teenager. :) We went back on Tuesday and we both LOVED it. It is basically a collection of 20 or so different types of museums and exhibits. On Tuesdays four of the musuems are free so we took advantage! We were so busy checking out HUGE dinosaurs, sculptures, model train sets of San Diego, and learning about water conservation that we didn't get tons of pictures, but here is what we've got.

They had the most beautiful and awesome plants in the gardens! We enjoyed seeing where all the plants lived originally.

Teagan loved this little rock structure. On the inside there were snakes and bugs on the inside of the wall and he was mesmorized.

There were tons of train models. This one was made of legos ONLY, talk about amazing.

I had to post this picture so his battle scar could be documented. Sunday he was running in our room and tripped and face planted into the corner of our dresser. It was so sad. His head split right open and he was so sad. It wasn't bad enough for stitches, but it was definitely his biggest battle scar so far. This picture was taken after about 3 days of neosporn and band-aids. Poor kid.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Poor little guy :( I LOVE museums and I would love to go!

Erin said...

haha...That's funny that you don't have the greatest memories of Balboa Park because neither do we. The summer that Jared and I were dating we decided to go down to Balboa Park just for fun...only to discover that it was some kind of gay pride weekend. On that particular day there was a HUGE parade going on and goodness gracious was that a sight. We'll save that story for another day. Glad that you were able to enjoy it though! I've heard it's amazing and you just confirmed it so I think I need to go now. A little girl's outing someday. :)