Monday, January 12, 2009

Somedays you feel like a Terrible Mom

Today has been a rough one, especially for little Teag. I went out for my morning run and had gone about a mile when I did something really stupid. I was going under some lower trees and a huge spider jumped out of the tree and landed on my arm. I acted like a dumb girl and screamed and flailed my arms and within about 1 second I realized that I'd let go of the stroller. I tried to jump forward and grab it, but it was too late and the stroller went flying over the curb. I grabbed the stroller and picked it back up and when I saw Teagan's face my heart broke.
He was sobbing and I started crying and we were a complete wreck! He was bleeding and had dirt in his forehead and I didn't know what to do so I just started for home. So I packed Teagan a mile back home pushing a stroller trying to run to get back home while he just whimpers, it was so sad.
Both parts of his lip are all swollen so I'm guessing his teeth hit his lip or something, he wouldn't let me put ice on it so we went and got popsicles so he could have something cold. All day he has just not been feeling good so we've had lots of hugs and kisses and he got his binkie and blanket all day plus 2 baths (his favorite). He didn't even seem to notice anything was wrong by this evening, the big band-aid just bugged him like crazy!
Everytime I look at him I feel terrible. I know it was an accident, but if I had just been thinking and not acting like a dumb girl it would have never happened. Zac and I decided that we won't run with Teagan in the stroller anymore. I'll just wait til Zac is home so I can go out alone or something. I don't want that to happen again.
Note: The pictures were all taken well after the accident happened, I didn't torchure him through pictures until a few hours later.

10 comments:

Mickie Ann said...

oh!! I am so sorry!! Teagan you have a ruff time in that stroller and curbs!!

Paul and Aubrey Young said...

I am glad that he is OK. And I don't think that anyone thinks your a bad mom, things happen and your baby still loves you!!

Angie said...

Hang in there, Melissa. Only good moms feel bad when complete accidents happen!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Melissa. That has to be hard. Don't worry I have inadvertently hurt my little one too. It happens. When sarah was eight months old, I was holding her on my hip when I turned to look at something. Her little hand went into a fan(we were at someone else's house). She had to get three stitches on one finger and her little nail fell off. I felt terrible, but it was just an accident. Now, I am just extra careful if there is a fan around.

Brenda said...

Poor little guy and poor mommy... guilt can be a killer! And by the way don't be too hard on yourself you could have saved you both from being attacked by a vicious poisonous spider and for that we can all be grateful!

Unknown said...

Oh how sad! Don't worry too much about it though, I'm sure that if he could really talk, he would be showing off his battle scars :D. Accidents happen all the time.

Julie said...

So sad! That is how I felt when Kate fell down the stairs! (It was even worse when I was babysitting another baby and they fell down the stairs!) Want me to watch Teagan?

Don't feel bad though, accidents happen!

Adam and Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, how sad!!! I am already dying about the day that I know will come when I do something like that.

Blatter said...

Poor guy! I have to admit though, he looks pretty cute with the gigantic band aid on his forehead! :) I about died laughing about Zac's comment about him and Ricky made for each other. We seriously miss you guys a ton too. Are you guys going to Idaho at all during the summer? I think we are going to try. If you guys do we have to get together. I think you are a great mom, Melissa. Don't beat yourself up too much. :)

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

How sad!! I know it really sucks when stuff like that happens! But you are a great mom!