I'm always writing about how crazy Teagan is, but tonight he was so sweet! I gave him a bath, lotioned him, put him in PJs and started giving him his bottle when I realized that I had left both binkies in the car. I went out to get them and realized that Zac had taken that car, sad day for me!
I decided to proceed putting Teagan to bed anyway and just told him that his bubba had gone bye bye and we wouldn't get a bubba tonight. He seemed to actually understand me, so I just proceeded as normal. I gave him his bottle and when he was done I just held him up so he could lay on my shoulder and rocked him.
He never cried at all for his binkie which amazed me, but then he did the cutest thing. He lifted his head up off my shoulder and leaned in for an open mouth kiss.
(Side note: We are constantly trying to get Teagan to "give kisses" and he rarely does. Maybe 10 times in his whole life at most!)
I kissed him and told him to go to sleep. About 5 seconds later he did it again, then he would lay his head back on my shoulder. he literally did it about 15 times. Near the end it was getting so hard to keep from laughing. He was almost dilerious he was so tired, but he had to just keep lifting up his head for another kiss. What a sweetie! I love him so much, I love little sweet moments like that that remind why being a mom is so amazing. I am so blessed to have Teagan, he is the perfect little boy.
PS: He didn't ever cry for his binkie, which shocked me! Should I just get rid of the binkie permanently? Is he ready?
Veggie Smoothies
16 years ago

3 comments:
I love Teagan, this is so sweet!!! Man, I would try to get rid of the binky if he is okay with it! We need to work on it with Kate!
If he is not asking for his binky... get rid of it!!! You may have accidentally found your window of opportunity! WOOT! Hopefully potty training is this easy!
you have to have moments like those to keep you going as a mom. that is the reward for all your hard work, patience and kind acts being a devoted and loving mom! soak it up!
and i totally agree... chuck the binki! i have a very good friend who's daughter is almost 4 and throws tantrums because she wants it... and she gets it that way. it's a total bribe and a total crutch in circumstances for them. plus, they got a new dog about a year ago and the dog was destroying all of her binkis. they spent over $50 in less than a few months to replace all those binkis for her. RIDICULOUS! break habits when they are young because little ones can sure create a hard habit fast! try giving him a blanket or a special soft toy in place of the binki during nap time, or difficult moments when he needs comforted. you can do it! i got rid of fostons at a year old!
Post a Comment