Sunday, May 10, 2009

Queen For a Day

I love mother's day, it is great...Mostly because Zac treats me like a queen and I get a new determination to be a better mom and wife. At church I get to realize that nobody is the perfect mom, we just have to try.

Today was great. I got french toast and a cheesy egg burrito for breakfast along with king size candy bars (new diet starts tomorrow). I am always so impressed by Zac's gifts, he is always really thoughtful and practical. I am always afraid to cook bacon because of the popping grease so Zac found these cool covers for the pan that will protect my eyes from flaming hot grease. He also got me a new fancy razor. I was so excited!

I got to relax and read the Ensign for a while and catch up on my spiritual side until it was time for church. Teagan was still asleep so Zac stayed home with him until he woke up so I could enjoy the cheesy mothers day talks and primary kids singing songs about moms without a crazy toddler climbing over me. It was so nice. I loved it. I got to remember why I love my church so much.

We ate a simple spaghetti dinner and went for a walk this evening, it was pretty great. I think my favorite part was just getting to enjoy being a mom. Zac took care of the cooking and cleaning so I could play with Teagan and rock him to sleep and relax without worrying about what needs to get done. Now I'm closing my day with blogging, life couldn't get much better than this. I wish every day was mother's day!

3 comments:

Paul and Aubrey Young said...

sounds like you had a great day! I am glad Zac was so good to you!

Julie said...

Glad you had a good day!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

sounds like fun. happy late mothers day!