So in the Love and Logic book they have a section about what to do when your children try to pick fights with you and argue. They say to just look at them and say "I love you too much to argue about this." Teagan doesn't argue with me yet, thank goodness!!!!, but I've tried it with some other people and it works like a charm.
The other night Zac and I were getting to bed a little late and I was slightly grumpy, yes I get grumpy when I'm tired. One of us "jokingly" said something about not making the bed that day, the other one got a little defensive and given the very tired and long day circumstances it could have turned into a "my feelings are hurt" arguement, YUCK! So I said the line from the book "I love you too much to argue about this" and zac started laughing and it was over. I ended up saying that a few times while we were getting ready for bed and we were just laughing so much. It is amazing how great those 7 little words are. The last couple of days any time something starts moving towards a disagreement one of us says it and we both start laughing and it's over.
I even tried it on our neighbors who were over and they stopped fighting (they're brother and sister) it's like magic!
I highly recommend trying it on your spouse and kids!
Veggie Smoothies
16 years ago

2 comments:
I might have to try this one
Definately going to try this! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment