So my awesome sister Julie is loaning me her "Love and Logic" parenting book. I basically follow everything Julie does because she has the perfect daughter. I'm 2 chapters into the book so tonight I thought I'd put some of the ideas to work. The book pushes for giving kids choices and letting them learn things for themselves and figuring out logical consequences for their actions.
Teagan wanted to take his car into the bathtub so instead of saying "no! Absolutely not" and making him scream I decided to let him learn why we don't put cars in the tub.
Me: "Do you think it would be a good idea to put the car in the bath"
Teagan: "ya!"
Me: "Okay, lets try and see how it goes"
I haven't gotten to the part about what to do if they don't figure it out on their own, Teagan thought the car was awesome in the tub so i just had to take it out and tell him that cars don't belong in the tub. Maybe I should just finish the book before I try the ideas.

2 comments:
I love your posts. I am glad it is working so well for you!
You are such a cute mom. I sure miss teagan! I can't believe how big he is! Love the decision making efforts. :)
Post a Comment