Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Living in an apartment is so special

We had a wonderful Christmas with my mom and sisters, Whitney and Julie! I have tons of pictures of the fun we had, but I left my SD card in Valencia so I'll post this weekend when we go back. We were there for over a week and Teagan wasn't sleeping too good with us in the same room. We didn't want to sleep in TEagan's room (as soon as he saw us he'd start screaming at like 4 or 5 in the morning...no fun) so Whitney slept on the couch and we got her bed. It was just rediculous that Teagan needed his own room and we were missing our bed and were ready to go home and reorganize and figure out our Christmas toys so we left a little early.

We got home to a very special surprise. While putting away our stuff I went into our walk-in closet and realized it was soaked. All the carpet was SO wet. I looked in the bathroom and it looked like someone had dumped dirty water on the floor and then let it dry. It didn't stink, which was lucky.

After we called our manager she took action imediately and had people in ripping out our carpet and drying it out and replacing the padding. We had to take out all of our clothes and put them on our bed so guess where we slept last night, on the couch. Luckily we have a super comfy hide-a-way bed, but it was just kind of ironic that we were on a couch the night we came home to get back to our own beds.

Apparently the people above us were flushing paper down the toilet and clogged it up, we got the back up I guess. We have no idea how it got into the apartment though! I think maybe the toilet overflowed from their back up??? The bottom of the toilet lid was nasty and I scrubbed the whole bathroom the day we left so it's my only explanation.

Luckily, our manager is awesome and sent in a cleaning crew to scrub the whole bathroom for us. That is what I would expect from a manager, but how often to managers actually do what is expected?

I've decided that having someone else clean the bathroom is something I'm very interested in later in life. If it wasn't for wanting to teach my children to work I think I'd insist on a maid! Once the kids are out of the house I'm totally paying someone to clean my bathrooms! I HATE cleaning bathrooms!

Anywho, if you live in a house consider yourself lucky...apartments are no fun

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I hate water problems! Gross! I also hate cleaning bathrooms also! I always promise myself that when I graduate I will hire someone to do bathrooms, floors and windows... we will see.

Julie said...

That is so awesome that the manager got right on the ball. And to tell you the truth, I think this is why living in an apartment can be more convenient. Houses have problems, only you don't have a manager to pay for and take care of the problem!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

That sucks!! I feel ya on the wholde bathroom thing, I hate it too!