I have to post about a few recent developments/funny things for Teagan.
1. When he wakes up from a nap he always has a bottle right away. Yesterday when I went to make the bottle I set him down and he fell to pieces, bawling and bawling (must have not gotten a good enough nap). I squatted down next to him and said "Teagan your *bubba is in your room, you can go get it if it will make you feel better, do you want your bubba? Go get it in your room." He looked at me, his hysterics turned into a quiet wimper, he hurried into his room and retrieved his "bubba" and came out with a smile.
I couldn't believe it. I had NO idea he understood what I was saying to him, I know that doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but I am so proud of my little boy!
*we call binkies/pacifiers bubbas. We adopted this from Julie and Jeff :)
2. I don't know how anyone can sleep with a kid in bed. Teagan woke up early yesterday and Zac didn't have school so we were totally bummed that we couldn't sleep in. I brought him into our bed hoping that he would just relax. Me and Zac just laid there and Teagan kept trying to "get comfy." He was SO wiggly! He kept moving positions every 2 seconds. He went from laying on my shoulder, to putting his feet on my face, to laying on Zac's tummy, to laying on my neck, to laying on our arms and legs, all in a matter of a few minutes. We were trying to pretend we were asleep and it was so hard to keep from laughing! This kid is a mover! Eventually we gave up and got up and on with the day.
PS. I'm starting a birthday tradition for our family. I have been trying to decide what to do with all of the hundreds of videos I take of Teagan. I didn't want to just store them on a DVD so I decided to make a movie.
The tradition: Every year I will make a home video of Teagan for his birthday. While we eat cake and ice cream we'll watch the movie and see how Teagan has grown and changed over the course of the last year. As we add on kids I want to keep doing it for each child for their birthday. I know this is going to be hard, but it is something I really want to do!
I'm almost done with it and I've only put about 3 hours into it. That's pretty good considering the high number of videos I've had to pick through! Zac has a really simple program on his computer that allows you to make movies. I can add in cheesy transitions, effects, and music and clip the videos down to only the good parts with the click of a button. I'm adding in a few pictures as well. It has been such a fun project for me to work on and I'm really excited about it. Out of the 2-3 hours worth of videos I've taken I narrowed it to 17 min. That is a pretty long movie, but I couldn't resist so many of the cute movies.
Veggie Smoothies
16 years ago

3 comments:
What a great idea! We have HOURS of footage, and I've been wondering how to work it out. I think I'll copy you. :)
That sounds like a great idea!! I think that will make a great birthday tradition!
Every time I try to edit video I get so frustrated that I just stop and I can't figure it out. Which program do you use? Maybe that is what I need, a good program.
Post a Comment