I just read a post on someone else's blog that reminded me about church on Sunday. I got to teach my first lesson in young women's and it was about learning to love ourselves which in turn helps us to see the good in others and be more kind and understanding.
At first I thought it was kind of a weird lesson, but then I realized how easy it is for girls to have low self esteem. We are constantly comparing ourselves with the movie stars and it is easy to get down on ourselves when we're getting compared to them! When we feel bad about ourselves we sulk around all day and check to see if anyone has commented on the blog, right? I know that when I'm feeling down I'm not really up for being kind to others.
For part of the lesson I had the girls "heart attack" themselves. I passed out some hearts and told them to write something that they love or like about themself on each heart. I was surprised at how hard it was for me and them and the other leaders to think of positive things about ourselves. I think it is really important for us to see the good in ourselves so lets start thinking about what makes us unique and amazing! I am starting a tag.
Here's the tag:
Write 5 things that you like or love about yourself. They can be personality traits, physical traits, mental traits, any postive attribute about wonderful you! This is a step towards being a more confidant you. Be proud of you, God made you unique for a reason, now share with the class!
1. I am friendly
2. I'm not afraid to ask for help/advice when I need it.
3. I can read other people's emotions really well, it's like a sixth sense.
4. I'm a good cook
5. I clean up real nice :)
Okay, I put myself out there, but hopefully someone will do this tag and realize that they are awesome. Get thinking!
I tag people related to me by blood (cousins/sisters (in-law too!) or related by Teton Valley. If you can't think of anything positive tell me and I'll tell you all about how great you are!
Veggie Smoothies
16 years ago

5 comments:
It's true. I'm scared for when we have little girls and trying to help them deal with this crazy society. I'll do my five here:
1. I am a good mom
2. I am a great nurse
3. I am kind to others
4. I am a good wife
5. I will help anyone anytime
Okay, I will do it, and yes, you do clean up real nice!
I was thinking... oh she cleans well. Then I thought that's odd and I realized it's that you are cute!! I agree and my brain is obviously tired.
You're in YW?! I'm SO jealous. Definitely one down side to being in a student ward now. Miss those days... And I must say, I loved what you had the girls do during your lesson. It's so important for women, especially LDS women, to see the good in themselves. I bet you are such a fun and excellent leader. Those girls are so lucky to have you!
1. I love my jet black hair
2. I am assertive
3. I make a mean breakfast
4. I laugh easily
5. I am simple
Post a Comment