Sunday, December 7, 2008

Emerging Personality

I've been going through post withdrawls! I felt like I should leave up the "going private" post for a while so lots of people would see it, but I can't wait anymore. We have brought in the Christmas season with a bang and it is so fun!

This week we had a ward Christmas party and it was so fun! I made sugar cookies, which happen to be my favorite and I ate TONS of different yummy sweets. Zac was teasing me becasue I color coordinated the spoons with the frosting, why mismatch when you can match...that is my only reply.
A lady in our ward gave us their AWESOME pre-lit Christmas tree after she used it at the ward party! I know the picture isn't great, but you get the idea, lots of ornaments on top, few on the bottom. We have a few "child friendly" ornaments that we put low enough for Teagan to play with, he's managed to ruin those too, funny kid...I've been trying to get Teagan to clap his hands for about 5 months now and yesterday out of nowhere he started clapping and won't stop now (unless I'm trying to video tape it, of couse). He loves the "If you're happy and ya know it" song and claps whenever he gets excited. He also charges at the camera woman when he gets excited, I apologize for the long length.

I LOVE when I snap a random picture and I catch a funny face, it cracks me up. Teagan is so funny and he has so much personality! I love being his mom!

This is the new favorite location in the house. Teagan loves to climb up the couch, throw his toys on the ground, climb down, retrieve the toys and carry them back up. As long as I am sitting in the room offering encouraging words he'll go on forever! He especially loves when Zac plays with him. Zac is definitely the favorite these days. Tonight he screamed and screamed because I was putting him to bed and not Zac, he is a daddy's boy for sure. He always says "dah" and reaches out his arms when Zac leaves the room (when I say always I mean for the last week or so). It is so cute to watch Teagan light up when he hears Zac unlocking the door, he gets really excited and runs to meet him at the door. Consequently, Zac can't get much studying done at home. If he tries to study in our room Teagan runs to our door and starts banging his hands on it and crying for Dad.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute festive pictures! I need to get my tree up!!! Miss you guys
Rebekah and Robert

Anonymous said...

I love sugar cookies!! And your little guy is getting so big!! Looks like you guys are doing well....miss ya

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

he's so cute! Love all the christmas stuff!

Brenda said...

cute red toes on the last video. I need to give myself a pedicure!

Erin said...

Aw! I think it's cute that he's a Daddy's boy. So much love. :) I love the Christmas tree and nice job on the sugar cookies! Nice domestic skills, Melis!

Julie said...

So cute! I hope our boys are daddy's boys, I bet Zac just loves that! Can't wait to see Teagan in less than two weeks!!!

Manda said...

ahh I started crying cuz I realy miss my Escondido friends. Wish we could be there for all the new fun stuff. Happy Holidays if I don't talk to you before then.