So I received a letter a little while ago that I wrote to myself my senior year in highschool in a Humanities class. I thought it was such a crack up and since it talks about some of you in there I thought I would include a little blurb from it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!
The letter:
Dear Melissa,
Well you should be getting this when you are about 22 or 23. It's so weird to think that as of right now (my senior year) I haven't even kissed someone, but I might be married in 4 years. I'll either be married or on a mission or just graduating. If I'm married I better not have any kids and if I do I've broken all the promises to myself about waiting until I've graduated from college. Your husband should be a nerd or at least smart and sweet. You should be married in the temple. The order of my friends getting married: Christine, Kim, Jennie, Ashley. Brittney, Erin, Annette. I wonder if Adam and Erin will get married. ..... Julie will be married, maybe Jeff??? She would have such cute little kids with him. Alicia and Garth will be married by now and maybe even have a kid. Robert and Rebekah will have 1 maybe 2 kids. Brian and Elise will probably have 3 kids and still live in South Carolina. Jake and Angie will finally have a kid.
I hope that you will have gone to all 4 years of college. You will probably still be close friends with Kim and Erin and you will have helped each other through thick and think. Right now your major is Math Education maybe in 4 years I'll be a psychologist. I hope you still have a strong testimony of the church and if you don't you should get back on the rigt track. Good luck on that first kiss (if it ever happens) and I hope it goes well for ya. Be a nice mom.
Love Melissa as a senior.
I was right on with my family (except Robert and Rebekah) and WAY off with my friends, I thought it was really funny to hear the voice that I had in highschool. I'm wondering how I could write another letter to myself so that I get it in 4 more years. Maybe I could do a timed email...any ideas?
PS: Apparently I was a little obsessed about getting kissed...I did get kissed eventually... by Zac my one true love!
To Christine and Brittany---Did you guys get your letters back? Were they funny?
Veggie Smoothies
16 years ago

8 comments:
...I think we're all obsessed with getting kissed in highschool. How funny!
I am just glad High School is over.. what a weird time in life. You can always just write your self a letter and date it for 4 years in the future and put it in your journal.. eventually you will find it. Jeff wrote letters to his future wife on his mission, he gave me those after we were engaged. You should video tape your self and just put it away.. that way yo can see what things looked like 4 years ago.. something like that!! Such Fun!
I'll admitt I was a little worried when I started reading this, but I'm glad you left the part about me out... haha, the rest I can enjoy without being embarrassed.
That is too funny! I am anxious to hear what you thought of Breaking Dawn. Good luck with your move this week.
I am borrowing the book from my sis, Niki, but thanks anyway. I am already having a difficult time figuring out what to do with my books. They are really stacking up.
Hey cuz! Your little boy is so cute. I love the letter you wrote to yourself. I wish I would have done something like that. My life is so different than I thought it was going to be, LOL.
HA! Good stuff. Funny that you're happily married and have a child that's almost 8 months old and have been graduated for over a year and have already worked full-time for one year--things you wouldn't have guessed a couple years ago! I got one of those back...I think after my freshman year (of college) from when I was in the 8th grade. So, so funny. Weird that me and you both knew our majors so early on...I said I wanted to be a nurse in my letter. We must be predictable people...well...sort of...okay so maybe that's the only predictable thing about me. ;)
hahahaha. that is so funny. i love how you predicted everyone would get married before you and you were one of the first. ha. yeah, i got mine. so silly and immature. i wrote about a lot of dumb things, i wonder if you can guess what one of them was...
oh the days of humanities! love ya!
Post a Comment