I love it here! The beach is 17 minutes away from our apartment, we timed it yesterday. We've already been twice and I'm sure we'll go again because it is so much fun. My wonderfully kind mother let us borrow her boogie boards and Zac and Jess got to try boogie boarding for the first time. I found out that I am not a good teacher of the waves, I just couldn't explain it to them. Luckily they are athletic and they figured it out after a bit and we all had a really fun time. I have to admit that I was really excited to finally be better than one of the Daniels' at something athletic. I kept saying, does this mean that I finally have an athletic bone in my body?!? It won't last long so I'll enjoy it while it does.
We switched off watching Teagan trying to stop him from eating the sand. Any tips for taking babies to the beach??? I'm sure there have got to be secrets that lead to good experiences with babies at the beach and I really need to learn them. For example, how do you get all the sand off of their sticky faces??? He didn't seem to mind and just loved watching the waves and playing in the sand.

The sun was starting to go down so you can't really tell, but that is Zac.

Me and Jesse catching a wave. I am sad that me and Zac didn't get any pictures boogie boarding together, we'll have to wait until visitors come to the beach with us again!

Teagan wasn't so sure about boogie boarding, he just wanted to try though, so I had to let him. Yes, I really am that white. As you can see the upper portion of my leg has actually never seen the sun. Or maybe I just have really tan arms...

Here are the oh so talented and wonderful Daniels brothers in action!
6 comments:
And I want to come visit! Looks like fun! I can't believe you are in San Diego! You guys will have fun exploring and seeing what fun stuff there is.
I am so jealous... I love the beach and I have never really been to the OCEAN! I hope you are having fun!!Miss ya lots.
i want to play! that looks like so much fun! btw i thought i'd tell you what we do. it would be sorta a pain to pack it... but if you have a playpen. it's great for naps and everything. just make sure you lay a towel or blanket over it to keep shaded. but that's what we use for the little little ones at the beach in WA.
Looks like a blast! I want to come visit too!!! Hope you guys enjoy these crazy years out there! 17 minutes to the beach. Dang girl, I am sooo jelous!!!
Boogie Boardin on the Beach in California! HOW FUN! Teagan looks so cute sittin on that board... like he's almost ready to go pro eh?
I am jealous. I lived in La Jolla while working for Bill Robinson. If you need to know where the good Malls are let me know. What part of San Diego are you in?? If you like Sea Food I know a really good restaurant. Hope you guys are doing well. Good luck with the move! Also, if you want to go to Sea World don't just do a day pass, do a year pass. It is cheaper in the end if you plan on going often - they also have a park hopper that will get you in to the zoo as well. Take Care!
Post a Comment