Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Teething is so sad!

Friday I got so excited because I felt that there were some bottom teeth starting to come in on Teagan. They aren't all the way through and it seems like they're stuck. The last few days have been so sad. He has had a fever and he just has the saddest cry. The smallest things will make him wimper and pout out his lower lip. He'll try to smile, but then he just gets sad again.

I'm not gonna lie, it is really stressful to have a baby that cries a majority of the day, but I have to think positive. He still has been sleeping through the night and if I hold him he just cuddles and doesn't cry. I'd hold him all the time but he weighs over 17 lbs and I am too weak, plus I still have to get things done.

I left my little mesh food chewing thing at my parents and I'm dying without it. I wish I could just put frozen fruit or vegies in there and let him chew away. Any other suggestions? I have a teething ring but he doesn't like it.

Well I'll keep doping him up with Tylenol and teething tablets and giving him lots of loves and cuddles. I'm all ears for any suggestions or advice on how to make him feel better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried frozen waffles... or you could make some frozen ice pops, using your ice trays out of juice.

Brenda said...

Teething tablets were my saving grace during teething... but you've already tried that. A cold carrot works well because they can't chew it but sometime little ones gag themselves. Also, I used jerky... maybe bad parenting but they love the flavor and they just gum it to death... happy baby, happy mama

Sheen said...

give him otter pops or ice in a baggie. anything frozen should work good. i know how you're feeling my dear... not fun. if the teething tablets and tylenol don't work, i don't know what else to tell you. {oh... baby orajel.} i used those 3 things constantly! good luck.

Sheen said...

i think it was you who wanted to know how to do collages. i do different ones either on photoshop, illustrator or picasa. you'll have to download picasa from the internet.

Unknown said...

My sister-in-law does awesome pictures for really cheap. Her website is http://www.reddaisyimages.com if you were looking for someone to do them. Also, at Walmart they have baby orajel in a 2 pack. One for day and one for night. I don't know what the difference is but they seemed to help Carson out a ton...

Julie said...

How sad! I would just to tylenol, but I just remember after a while I couldn't remember if Kate was ever happy (does that make you feel hope?) But then they pop through and it is all better!

Garth and Alicia said...

He will be so darling smiling with a little tooth! Make sure to post some pics as soon as its out! Sorry it's rough going. I'm tight behind you. I'll be asking your advice in a couple months...So What are your plans? I know you said they changed and you were going to try to save up and live in a one bedroom...I assumed you'd stay around here? What are you doing and why am I always the last to know? ;)