I'm sure everyone is eagerly waiting to find out how we chose to solve our bed time problem after that last post about Teagan crawling out of bed. haha
Our solution:
-Spend $7 at Wal-Mart buying bins to package up every toy in his room so that no toys are accessible to Teagan.
-Take the crib off of the stand and set it directly on the floor.
-Leave the bars out so he can freely climb in and out of bed
He's only had his bed like this for 24 hours. He is super excited about the freedom and wouldn't stop going in and out of bed before we put him down. When Zac put him down he just told Teagan to stay in bed. He listened!!! Then this morning at 6, Teagan came running into our room looking for a bubba. We helped him find it and put him back to bed for another 3 hours. SWEET!!!! That is way later than usual for him!
His nap time was nonexistant, he was poopy and it just didn't happen. Next time I'll wait until he is good and tired. Any ideas on keeping kids in their beds to go to sleep? I know he is super young so this will be challenging, but at least it cost $7 instead of $50 or more!

5 comments:
Ha ha what a cutie! Loved that it was so cheap!
Good idea. We might just have to copy that in the next couple months! We've been wondering the next step for our growing monkey too. It was so nice to see you at the reunion.
I don't know how to keep kids in their beds... but with my little boy I did the same thing you did with Teagan and told him to stay in his bed and he did... for night times and nap times. good luck I have no helps
I just can't believe that he is short enough to sleep in that still! It looks so small!
We jam the door with a towel so they can't get out. Even if they are in the room, when they go to zonk out - they allways end back in bed anyways. Good luck!!
Post a Comment