Monday, July 27, 2009

Girly Swirly Camp

I had the wonderful opportunity of being a leader at my church's girl's camp this year. The week before camp was AWFUL. I was literally planning in every spare second that I had. I had made a treasure hunt and an agenda months earlier because I knew I'd be busy, but everything else was planned the week before. Devotionals, activities, camp fire stuff, pillow presents, and secret sister stuff. It wasn't a great week, but the results were the best.

The girls are so fantastic and I had a blast with them. We only had three there the whole time and then one other girl came up for a day and a half, but it was still awesome. Our theme was "treasure seekers" so I made 2 very intense treasure hunts. One of them took the girls to a resort about 45 minutes away where they got to stop and go horseback riding, have a picnic, golf a bucket of balls, get ice cream, pick up letters from their parents at the post office, and go swimming. It was so fun! If you can't tell, I'm super proud of myself. This is how excited we were about the treasure hunt:
We got to be one with nature and be silly and sing rediculous camp songs and eat way too much, but it was fun. As much fun as it was, I'll never agree to be camp director again while I have a small child. It was just a little too wild pawning him off on anyone I could think of. Maybe when my kids are older and Zac can take a few days off work or something, then I'll try it again.

To any mom's out there with a baby: If you ever get asked to be camp director...JUST SAY NO!

3 comments:

Erin said...

WOW Melis!!! You are seriously amazing. Really. Those girls were SO lucky to have you for a leader! I wish I could have participated!

MOM said...

You are on your way to great things.Don't say NO just ask the Lord for help. I was pregnant with Ben and Melanie 2 Aaron 4 and Reid 6 and was called as YW Pres. It was hectic and great. It taught the kids allot. I wouldn't have changed a thing.
Deena
It was good to see you kids in the Valley. Call Melanie !!!!

Julie said...

Don't say no, just ask for a raincheck! I LOVE the picture of you guys jumping, you got some serious air!