Thursday, September 3, 2009

Zac's break=way too short

So this break was a great one. We had a BUSY schedule, but we definitely scheduled in some fun activities! When we weren't packing and painting we were hanging out at the zoo and swimming at the pool.

The beauty of having a pass to the San Diego Zoo, you can let your kid play on the foot massagers for as long as he wants and not feel guilty about spending $70 to get in.

We had a great time impersonating elephants for our gondola ride.

We bought Teagan an Elmo potty and stool. The other night he voluntarily sat on it. He doesn't pee in it or anything and he currently is terrified of it. I just ask him if he wants to sit on it before I put him in the bath at night. Maybe in a year or so he'll say yes. :)
Swimming in the pool, we did this at least every other day. Yesterday he was at the point where he can get around with just his little arm floaties, he is like a little fish!
This is more representative of what Teagan did while we were moving. He thought that "Meet the Robinson's" was pretty awesome on G-ma's portable DVD player!
Teagan loved all the new climbing possibilities that stacked boxes brought to our apartment. He definitely was bruised and scratched by the end of the week!
Teagan thought it was awesome to help Zac pack everything around. He now pushes all of our chairs, tables, toys, and anything else that pushes around all over the new place.

We went to the Dino Mountain exhibit at the Wild Animal park the other day. It has about 15 large model dinos that make noise and move and FREAK Teagan out. I have a bunch of funny movies that I need to put up!

We are growling like Lions (do you see the large momma lion behind us?)


What trip to the zoo isn't complete with a sleeping baby minutes after we're in the car?
Big mouth right?
More swimming...he is such a stud, I love this little boy!
Here is the big reveal! We ended up painting the wall in our dining room olive green and the rest of the living room a very dark tan/brown/gold/beige. I am not completely in love with it, but hopefully will be after we get our decor up. It might take a LONG time because I don't know how to put stuff on the wall.
We barely finished painting last night. Here are some pictures of the finished product minus pictures and clocks and such.





Random things:
-I like the color of our walls, but I've come to realize that it doesn't match our carpet, furniture, or counters...guess we'll have to think that through next time we paint our large living space
-I'm glad that I've learned that lesson in a place that I don't own
-Everyone at our new complex has at least one dog or cat
-We have a garage now that Zac built some sweet shelves for and I've realized how lucky I am to have such a handy husband!
-Teagan is going through a very nasty hitting/screaming stage. It is very frustrating and I feel so lost as a mom except for when he giggles and gives me the sweetest kisses...so confusing!
-Zac started school today...but has a 4 day weekend!!!!
-Zac does his first internship this semester
-I haven't gottnen to do a sewing project yet and it makes me sad, but I'm excited to start!
-I have the smallest and most lovable washer and dryer in the world...I get so much satisfaction out of just throwing a load in whenever I feel like it.
-This is officially a VERY long post, if you are still reading you must really care about us or be really bored, or hope that there is going to be something interesting soon...nope just the day to day stuff that we have going on.

4 comments:

Mickie Ann said...

I think the walls look great - ya - it is hard to match things - I have made many many mistakes. Maybe a rug can bring it all together (I watch to much HGTV):)

I am grateful for this weekend also - Jeff has been in school 2 weeks now - on Monday - we are painting our blue wall - ya - it will be gone!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Adam and Lisa said...

I think it all looks great!

Unknown said...

From here (in Idaho, the green in the couch looks like it matches the green wall, so I think you have accentuated the walls from each room with furniture from the other room very well. :)

Manda said...

Wonderful paint job you guys! And I didn't see any little Teagan feet trailing throughthe carpet. Hehe You guys are the happiest family I know! Yay for baby kisses!