Friday, September 4, 2009

Hotel Del

Today we were trying to decide between zoo, beach, and pool and Zac had the fantastic idea to go visit Coronado Island down in San Diego. He got directions to get on the island and then we were planning to just wing it once we got there.

Here's the bridge that takes you from downtown San Diego over to Coronado Island.

View from the bridge, the fog is crazy down there! It appears and disappears like nothing.
Our first stop: fountain outside Hotel Del Coronado, Teagan was tossing pennies as fast as Zac could supply them.

Good lookin bunch

Pretty view from Hotel Del.
We were walking away from the hotel on to see more sights of the island when we passed these awesome family beach bikes. I got SO excited cause I've ALWAYS wanted to rent one. Never have cause they are rediculously priced, but Zac couldn't tell me no after he saw how excited I was. My dream came true and we drove our family bike along the beach for my favorite hour today.
Teagan went from the front to the back at least 10 times throughout the bike ride. He totally loved it, until he got exhausted at the end. Zac gave him his bubba and he fell asleep within about 30 seconds leaning against Zac.
I enjoyed our family time so much today. We got to not worry about all the stress we have and just enjoy being together. It was fantastic and I'm so glad we went! Families are Forever!

4 comments:

Manda said...

Beautiful family!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

I love the Dell!! Reid and I have been there a couple of times! You guys are so lucky to live so close to so much fun stuff. Oh and by the way, I love your recipie blog! I haven't tried it yet but I want to try those little cake roll things!

Brenda said...

Looks like you had tons of fun - and someone to take photos of you!

Mickie Ann said...

What fun!!! Don't you love it when husbands do such awsome stuff for their wife... Jeff once took me downtown SLC for a carriage ride. Just because I always wanted to do it!!! BEAUTIFUL area!! - Scary Bridge - Jeff will love it(engineer)