Hi,
So as I've said before we're moving, turns out it's happening this Saturday. Friday afternoon we'll have the key so we're thinking about going in that night and doing a little painting. I know it's just a condo and it's not ours, but I'm sick of white walls and a junky looking place so we figured we'd add a little color and make it our own for the next year and a half.
I want to try one of those accent walls everyone has these days, but I don't know where to put it. We got a quart of this really pretty sage green paint for free in the mail and we'll pick some more up at home depot depending on how much we need, but I'd like to seek the advice of other people who have a good eye for this kind of stuff.
Luckily, there is a movie of our apartment on youtube that the manager put up. So I'm asking you to watch the movie and suggest a wall to paint. The person who gives the best advice will receive a very special mysterious surprise.
Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGlyUG3Eqxs
Veggie Smoothies
16 years ago

10 comments:
Holy cow, what a nice apartment!!! Maybe this is a boring spot, but I would put the green in the kitchen--between the cupboards and counter, and then maybe even continued on the one far dining room wall. It's nice that it's so open, so you could totally see it from anywhere. You could also put it in a bathroom, if you have enough.
i like Lisa's idea. I was also thinking in the dining area on the wall that has the window. Then throw up some sleek white curtains. That way you'll have a nice contrast without it staring you in the face. A textured curtain can soften the accent wall. :)
I would suggest painting whichever wall you put your couch up against because that is usually a better to make cute then the one your tv goes on (which is usually the opposite of your couch)and that is probably the room you'll spend the most time relaxing in.
I have no painting tips but I think it's a great idea, color always makes a home cozier! And I love the new place!! It looks really nice!
Here is a great little article on painting accent walls: http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Accent-Wall&id=1760017
Good luck!
Sara
I love interior design stuff. I watch HGTV all the time. A one wall color is ment for a specific purpose. In a large room to make it feel cozier and not so HUGE feeling. In a small room, it can make it feel to small. Small rooms should have light colors to help it feel bright and bigger. Darker colors make rooms feel smaller.( People use this, like I said to make really really big rooms, not seem so HUGE)
I like the idea of painting it in your dinning room around the window into the kitchen. It would make that room seem seperate.
Just remember, if you like change, for example to change your decorations, you'll have to keep it cordinated with the color you paint.
- I have found, I like to use more neutral colors, like browns, beige, and then pick another color as an accent color, but use decorations with that color. That way if you get tired of that color, you can always change it. (Remeber my BIG BLUE wall in our front room - we are repainting it to match the rest of the room, which is a bone white (more like a really like beige) and I repainted our "paprika" red Kitchen ( I did not chose that red, it was already here) we painted the top part of the kitchen the same bone white and the bottom a really dark brown. It helps make the rooms flow better together and seem bigger, because they are so small.
I think if you want to paint your front room, pick a color and paint the whole room. Like a darker beige that would compliment the sage green inthe kitchen. make the room different, but mesh because the kitchen is so open. Yet be two sperate rooms.
Okay, I have said enough. Good luck. In the end do what you really want, and it is just paint. You can always repaint it again!!! ENjoy!!!
Okay, first, I just have to say that I am IN LOVE with your apartment. IN LOVE. Everything about it. After I talked to you the other day, I've been looking on Craigslist daily for a new place. :) Of course, we won't be breaking our contract cause it's a little pricey to do such a thing...but anyways. Just had to let you know that I'm super excited for you!! Just the idea of a washer/dryer in the place and not having to chase little Teag around the laundromat will be a dream, I'm sure. :)
As for the accent wall, I like the last girl's post. Very informative. I also like the idea of painting the wall in the kitchen with the window. But I don't know...I kind of like the idea of painting a wall in the family room area though... I don't feel like I got a very good idea of what the family room looks like though. Sorry, I know, I haven't been much help. Just thinking out loud. :) Good luck!!! Post pics when you get all settled! I'm excited to see how things turn out.
So my suggestion is to paint either the wall you see when you first enter of the wall that you see from the kitchen. by doing that you not only have an accent wall but a more inviting room to walk into. Say your walking into someones house and all you ever see is white, its not so warming. Now if you walkin and see a pretty sage green you feel more at home. If you do it from the kitchen you can break the rooms up becasue they are right next to each other. It creates more space as well It will enlongate your living room. That is what I would do, and your might aready be done but that is what I think. Have a blast in the new place. I know how much you hated the old apartment. I had the same one. lol Love you girl!
I would suggest hot pink everywhere.
Hey Melissa. It's Kirsten (Lungren). I found your blog from Whitney's! How are you?! I have a blog too but it's private. If you'd like to see so we can keep in touch email me at kbeverts@yahoo.com with your email and I'll add you!! Your little boy is so cute!
Post a Comment