So I'm the kind of person that takes the words "Satisfaction Guaranteed" very seriously. If I buy something, especially if it is a special treat we don't normally get, and I am disappointed I definitely call and politely let them know.
I think I posted about Baby Bottles last year and how I got a free one. We've complained about not enough reeses cups in our reeses ice cream and gotten a free half gallon. I took my "life time warentee" Calphalon pots back to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, to trade them for new ones because the non-stick stuff was wearing off. I try to only do it when I'm honestly disappointed, not just when I want some extra ice cream, keepin it honest, right? I know it is rediculous, but I actually think it's kind of fun, and I feel like I'm keepin the company honest and not letting them sell faulty merchandise.
Here are the keys to getting a full refund or coupons, most of these were learned from siblings:
1. Always begin by saying how much you normally love and appreciate the product you're calling about. It doesn't hurt to go into detail, this is how you win them over.
2. Tell them about how this one experience has really disappointed you and that you were surprised to find any fault with such a wonderful company.
3. Ask for a refund if they don't offer it.
Here is my most recent complaint email to the Beloved Hershey's Company:
My husband and I are the biggest fans of your Reeses Whoppers you'll probably ever meet. Everytime we head out on a road trip we have made a tradition out of buying a box of the whoppers at Wal-Mart on our way out of town. We make a rule that everyone gets 1 Whopper every 10 minutes, of course we can never make it because they are SO addicting! We love these candies
I was so disappointed with the box we purchased this weekend for our big trip to the zoo. At least one in 4 or 5 whoppers was hallow!!! I don't know what happened, but it was like they forgot to put the whopper in the middle so we just had the Resees outside. No offense, but they have a really weird consistency without the whopper part and are not tasty. We checked the expiration date and it's not until March of 2010.
I wanted you to be aware of the problem and we'd like to get our box replaced. We love you Hershey!
Sincerely,
A Disappointed Eater
I just sent it tonight, do you think I'll get a coupon? I could have been more positive there at the end. I really was disappointed though, why the heck were so many of our whoppers whopperless? The waiting might kill me!
Veggie Smoothies
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment