Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Gene Pool is a Good one!

I had such a fun weekend last weekend, and my pictures were being difficult so I'm barely getting to blog about it. My mom graduated from BYU-I and my little sister Whitney got the idea to throw her a surprise party. I got to jump on the wagon and Zac, Teag, and I drove up and surprised her at the party.



I got completely out of control with the food. I made tons of cake balls and a yummy chocolate cake. Here is the link to the post I put on my food blog about it. Festive Food

Whitney told my mom that she was going to hang out with friends that night and my mom was at a wedding reception so she took her sweet time chatting with everyone in the room while we stared at the food waiting for her. It was fun getting worked up every time the door opened with a new guest arrival. Me and Whit had a BLAST planning everything. Of course I don't have any good pictures of the actual party because it was so wild there was no time. :)



After party crew.

Mom- You are awesome, we are so proud of you. Thanks for graduating so that we could have fun planning and being sneaky. I appreciate the excuse to have fun with cake balls! Love you!
Teagan started favoring aunt Whitney the minute he found out she had a long board.


Whitney came back down South with us Sunday afternoon so we could relax at the beach and I could help her with her online math class. I loved having her here. Having a hilarious adult around to chat with all day is a dream come true for me. (Zac is also a hilarious adult, he just doesn't happen to be home for very many waking hours of the day).


Teagan loves his Aunt Whitney. He liked sitting on her lap helping with her math homework. The whole time she was here he would try to find her special math pencil and big eraser and bring them to her. It was funny, maybe you should have been there.

We got a little wild with the timer on my camera. I tried holding Teagan while jumping off the ground, but my muscles just couldn't handle it, I could never get off the ground. After this picture Whitney exclaimed "I think I got off the ground on that one!" Turns out, Teagan is rather heavy.

Can I just say that I love my family! We have so much fun together and I just feel like I can be myself around them. Life is so much better when you're surrounded by family!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I loved this post! We love you too! Kate and I just had a good ole time looking through a bunch of old posts and watching all the movies! Thanks for posting! Hope you are doing good!