Friday, April 17, 2009

Cruisin' Grand

Every Friday night from April to September our city has a *free* event called Cruisin' Grand. They line up old cars along Grand avenue in old town Escondido. It reminds me of down town Idaho Falls. We went for the first time tonight and had a lot of fun. Mostly because we were out of the house enjoying ourselves.
There were probably a couple hundred different classic cars, trucks, and motorcycles all restored and awesome! It's always fun to check out sweet cars. i really like all the tiny cars, they made me feel big.
I know what your thinking, "wow, what a pretty smile." I was trying to stand tall to make the car look small and I forgot to pose my face. :)

We took this picture for Sheena because it is HOT pink. Who would have thought that there would be a sweet pink car with pink panther pillows inside?

As it started getting darker we started getting distracted from the cars by all the strange things around us. Lets just say that Escondido, CA is no Rexburg, Idaho. There are just a lot of crazy people, I don't know how to say that in a nice way. There was a huge group of teenagers dressed up in gothic 60's outfits and make-up and some street singers that had interesting talent ;). I really wanted to ask for a picture, but I wasn't brave enough to ask. If you're ever in the area on a Friday night you should stop by, you won't be bored!

My favorite thing was walking by a huge call center. As we walked by we noticed that they have a "no solicitors" sign on their front door. Isn't it ironic, don't ya think? Zac and I had a good little laugh over that one.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I love the no solicitors sign at the call center, how funny! Devon and I always forget about Cruisin' Grand until it has passsed on Saturday, we're going to have to check it out since you gave it a good report!

Julie said...

Melissa, you are pretty hilarious. Jeff just said you get the award for having some of the most entertaining posts (and Jeff doesn't just throw around compliments).

Sheen said...

thanks for the picture of the hot pink car!

sa.weet!