Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter 2016

Easter is the one day of the year that I make sure all the kids are looking spiffy and are ready 15 minutes early so I can get a picture.  Well, I guess I do that on Mother's and Father's Day too.  Anyway, this year was no different, except that after about 20 pictures I still didn't have a good one...somedays the kids are just not cooperating, namely Adeline...but the older ones were being stinkers too.

Most of the pictures turned out like this:



This one is the closest we got, they still are beautiful children, even though they don't listen to their mother when she tells them to smile "for real!  No fake smiles!"  haha, Oh well, there are worse things.

The girls got two new Easter dresses (actually 3...) so the week before I decided to take pictures too, just in case the ones on actual Easter didn't turn out.  I got some cute ones that day.  I sure love these children, and I have to say, they are the most beautiful children I have ever seen.








We went to Grandma and Grandpa Durtschi's house for their Easter egg hunt.  The kids had fun searching all through the fields and machinery for the eggs.  





After the kids found their eggs, they were given a big basket of eggs to hide for the adults.  It was so fun!  I love looking for eggs, some things never change.

Our primary also did an easter egg hunt which was so fun.  The kids loved searching for eggs together!  This is Eloise and Jordan.



Dad and Adeline, she picked up approximately 2 eggs and then proceeded to enjoy candy, I believe that that is a guarantee in life.  No child, under age 3, can wait until the end to eat their candy.  They forfeit the chance to get 20 X more candy to sit and eat the jelly bean right away.  I think I see a gospel parallel here.


 Teagan and his best buddies had a blast as well.  Eli Heath, Zachary Nielson, Teagan, Mason Murdoch.


Easter is such a great time of year.  The warm weather and family gatherings and reminders of Jesus Christ's love for us make it a wonderful time of year.

No comments: