I had the most wonderful, magical 30th birthday ever. There are exactly 0 pictures of the whole week, but I'm telling you, it was the best. Zac went above and beyond to make me feel special and loved. I feel so lucky to have him.
First of all, Zac came out with a pile of presents on Monday (my birthday was Friday) and told me that this year we would be celebrating birthday week. Each morning I was able to open a new present until my actual birthday. This alone was enough to make me giddy, I love a good celebration week.
On my actual birthday I had the best present, a scavenger hunt! I absolutely love treasure hunts and Zac knew I would love it. It took me all over Shelley and each clue came with a caramel cadbury egg. My buddy, Courtney, took the day off work to save me from babysitting on my birthday and to have fun with me so her and Jordan came along for the fun. The treasure hunt took me all morning and into the afternoon. I seriously loved every second.
Halfway through the day my mom and Grandma Packer came with a beautiful bouquet of balloons and the game "are you smarter than a 5th grader." We laughed and laughed and it was so fun to play. I loved having visitors!
After this experience I have determined that my love language is quality time. Never have I felt more loved by Zac than while I did that because I knew that he had put so much time into it for me and I knew he was excited for me to be able to do it. I didn't even care what was at the end (people kept asking me what the jackpot prize was, were they expecting a car? I have no idea, but I would have been fine with no prize, the hunt was the part I loved.) Just in case you're curious, it ended at the bakery at Broulims and I got an amazing slice of carrot cake.
Zac is one of those guys that doesn't need hints and directions for how to buy me a present or celebrate my birthday. He just comes up with it all on his own. I actually told him to not worry about a present (I spent a bunch on myself in Vegas). He is a one of a kind man!
The next day we rented out the paramount and invited our family and friends to come watch Kung fu Panda with us. Then we were able to go out to eat at Cafe Rio.
I can say that this year was definitely the best birthday ever. Zac completely out did himself and I loved it!
As for being 30, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to be 30! I feel like this is going to be the best decade of my life. All my kids will still be at home, this will be my prime. I hope the decade passes slowly because I know it will be my best one, (as long as my kids stay just as sweet and adorable as teenagers).
Here is a selfie, Melissa Ann Daniels, age 30.

No comments:
Post a Comment