Friday, January 8, 2010

He Speaks!

I've been waiting anxiously for Teagan to start talking and it seems every other kid in the world that is his age is talking in sentences, but I've been patient. We went to Idaho for 2 weeks and he hardly used any words while we were there, but then we got home and something magical happened. He is suddenly interested in talking. He is repeating everything and trying hard to pronounce words correctly. It's like something clicked in his brain. In just a week he has gone from saying his basic 10 words and a few signs to grouping a couple words together and trying to say everything! I still can't understand everything. He is patient with me though and repeats what he's saying over and over until I can figure out what he's saying.

I always thought it was strange that he was so quiet when Zac and I are both pretty talkative, but it just took time. He is constantly blabbering now. He still gets shy and quiet when other people are around, but when he's with Zac and I he doesn't stop. It is so cute. I'm so proud of him and it is so fun to be able to talk back and forth with him. Whoo hoo!

5 comments:

Angie said...

How exciting! Go Teagan!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

oh I can't wait for Jack to do that!! I think he's going to do the same thing one of these days, nice work Teagan!

Brenda said...

I'm glad!

daegan said...

maybe that was the problem... he wasn't talking because you TWO wouldn't shut your mouths so he couldn't get a word in! just KIDDING! that's always fun to watch your offspring progress. and they choose to grow up and move forward when they are ready. yay teag!

Julie said...

That is so nice! I love when they start talking! You'll have to do a little video, I want to hear his cute little voice.