Thursday, January 28, 2010

DISNEYLAND

Teagan and I were SOOO excited and lucky to be able to go to Disneyland yesterday. My mom was able to get a free ticket and so she let me use it. We marched right in and went to take our picture in front of the huge castle and my camera wouldn't work. AHHHHHHH! It said "card error." I took the card out, blew on it, blew in the camera, and repeated those steps multiple times but nothing would work. This has happened before and I can usually fix it by just blowing on the card, but it wasn't working.

I decided that a broken camera would not ruin our day so we proceeded to begin our adventure on Dumbo. Once we were on the ride I realized that I couldn't accept the idea that we would have no pictures at Disneyland so I leaned over to Teagan and asked him if he thought we should pray that the camera would be fixed. He replied with an enthusiastic "Yeah!" So while in air we said a little prayer that the camera would get fixed. After the prayer I took it out and it turned on and worked like nothing was ever wrong! So when you look at these pictures, I hope you're as grateful for them as I am!!!!

Casey Jr. Train Ride...so fun!
Storybook boat ride. All the people on the boat were exclaiming how cute he was so of course he flashed that handsome smile to win them over even more!
I do not like the teacups in my old age. Just a little to round and round for my brain, but little Mr. loves them so we went.

He was trying SO hard to turn the wheel, funny boy!
He loved the carousel and whinnied like a horse a lot of the time on the ride! I thought his horse had a scary face, but he insisted on using that one. :)

Of course the all time favorite ride is Buzz Lightyear. The second I told him we were going to Disneyland he started making gun noises and found his buzz lightyear action figure. He was so excited and continued making gun until we actually went on the ride. We were lucky to have SHORT lines for every ride so we rode this one 5 or 6 times throughout the day.

I think his favorite part was the HUGE Buzz that talks to you while you wait in line. We would just hang out in that room while Teagan stared, awestruck at his hero.

We got to visit toon town which was so fun for Teagan. He loved exploring and climbing on everything.
We went into Micky's house to explore and kept seeing signs that said "this way to Mickey." I didn't actually think Mickey mouse was going to be in his house!!!!! I was every bit as excited as Teagan to meet him! Teagan LOVED Mickey. He gave him a hug and mostly just smiled at him every time he moved. Can you imagine being a little kid. You see this Huge happy looking stuffed animal that is alive, what a dream come true!
PS- do you like the awesome camera holder belt attachment I was using, it was so convenient, and attractive!
He loved playing on the cars in toon town and hung out there for quite a while.
I couldn't get pictures of everything since I was the only adult. Here are some other highlights:
-After each ride ended I would ask Teagan if he liked it and he'd reply "YEAH!" Most the times he wanted to go again and again.
-I found out that teagan made the height limit for the Matterhorn so we rode it. For those of you who don't know, it is a pretty fast roller coaster. Afterwards I asked him if he liked it and he replied "nope." Then I asked him if he wanted to ride it again and he said "nope, nope," and started making the gun noises for the Buzz ride. Apparently he isn't ready for roller coasters yet. :)
After we'd been there for 4 hours or so he started really needing his nap. I knew it was time to go when I asked him If he wanted to go home and he could hardly keep his eyes open enough to say "nope." I asked him if he wanted to go on another ride and he said "yep." About 10 seconds later he fell asleep and continued to sleep for 3 hours!
We both had so much fun together, it would have been fun to have Zac and my mom be able to come too, but we were thrilled just to have the chance.
My mom gave me an early birthday present of upgrading my ticket to a season pass so I'm SOOOOO excited to be able to back again. There is so much that we weren't able to do and I can't wait to go back. THANK YOU MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOO excited!
You get into Disneyland for free on your birthday so I think we'll go on Zac's birthday and hopefully save enough to upgrade his to a season pass too!
I think I might have overused exclamation marks in this, but I couldn't hardly help myself. :)

8 comments:

Erin said...

Woohoo!!! Season pass, eh?! That will be such a blast for you guys. It will be especially nice that you don't have to worry about getting your money's worth cause you bought an expensive one day pass. Now you can go for as long as Teagan has energy and not feel bad about it...sweet!

Sooo about that birthday thing...look into it. I think the new thing for 2010 is that service thing where you serve at Disney approved places and get a free ticket that way. I think the birthday thing was for 2009. But I could be wrong. I'm not super up with the latest Disney happenings. :)

Melissa said...

Just found out about the birthday thing from my mom! SOOO sad! I'm going to have to try to convince Zac to do a day of service so that he can get in for free!

Angie said...

How fun! Looks like a ball. I bet you'll be so sad to leave CA. :(

Sheen said...

looks like fun!

daegan said...

i LOOOOVE the faith of a little child. it has worked wonders at my house. seriously, their faith increases mine. i'm so glad your camera worked for that fun day! i'm happy you get to partake in more disney adventures with your little guy! maybe if you go every day you'll always get a 3 hour nap out of him ;)

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm still crossing my fingers for San Diego! It would be so awesome! I would totally buy a season pass and go with you!

Julie said...

Love this, it made me smile, laugh, and cry like a baby. (not really the last part!) So glad you guys had so much fun. Neat about your camera too!kkk (Kate wanted to push her name)

Nicole said...

I can't believe how big Teagan is!!! we miss you guys!