Thursday, November 19, 2009

My version of a snow hat...

I really wanted to make Teagan a snow hat since he needs one for when we go to Idaho and they're like $10 at the store. The one I made cost $1.50 and took about 1.5 hours to make so I was way excited to put it on him and see how awesome it was...it wasn't quite the vision I thought it'd be.

The final product is almost comical, I was laughing when I finished and started looking at all of the imperfections. Seams ended up on his forehead instead of at the back of his neck, the fabric poofs out and sticks out randomly, and the back is just downright rediculous looking (I think I'll rip out the seam and try again!) BUT, I am SO proud of myself despite the imperfections. I've never made a hat before and I didn't have any sort of pattern. So this beauty was made from brain power and the fact that Teagan's head is 20in around.


Did I mention that it's reversible?

I got enough fabric to make 2 hats because I figured the first one wouldn't be too teribly perfect, I learned SO much in making this one and I'm excited to try again.

Check out these luscious lips ( I told him to kiss the camera) haha!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Melissa!!! I am impressed. I need to know how you did this! I love it!

leslie mae said...

Love your header picture by the way!!

As for the hat... here in Idaho, it doesn't matter what it looks like... as long as it's warm!!! But from the pictures I'd say it was pretty stinkin cute!

Jan said...

Darling. I'm impressed too. You could put those little stick-on velcro tabs on the part under the chin to close it up .... or ties, I guess.

Very cute!!!