Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Beach in November? Yes please!

So I decided to start working out again this week so we went for a run at the beach. There is a great walkway that goes right next to the sand and it is SO perfect! I came prepared with sweat shirts, blankets and socks because I figured it would be freezing. The beach is usually MUCH cooler than where we live, especially in the mornings. We got out of the car at 9 or so and it was perfectly warm and delightful! Luckily I also came equipped with hot weather items.

We hadn't been to the beach in a few months and I forgot how much we love it there. We've lost all our sand toys except the bucket so I just grab random kitchen stuff for him to play with; measuring cups, serving spoons, straws, funnels....


He was cautious at first and very careful with the sand. Then crazy Teagan came out and discovered the excitement of throwing sand. PS, this movie is kind of boring, I just love the soothing sound of the ocean.

He thought it was funny to throw sand into his own face so he tried throwing it in mine and laughed hysterically....then he cried when I replied that we were going to go home right then. He did get fries on the way home and he fell asleep midfry...


It was so fun, we've got to go at least a few more times before it really cools down...anyone up for a beach trip?



6 comments:

Angie said...

Yes, please.

Anonymous said...

It must be so nice to live that close to the ocean! Mr. T looks like he is getting older! Super cute!

Garth and Alicia said...

Teagan looks so grown up with his big boy haircut! The beach sounds so nice. And-good for you to work out. I'm putting that off...for a while.

Erin said...

YES! In three years I'm all there. Now I just have to get you guys to stay there... :)

brittneyboucha said...

your guys costumes were the best. They made me laugh especially zacks. Call me when you guys here next. we would love to see you guys.

MOM said...

Melissa:
Call Melanie. She has moved in town to oceanside. She loves the beach. Justin has gone to Alaska.
She would love to hook up.
I think you should have her number. If not email me and I will get it to you
deenamann@yahoo.com
I love your blog and to keep up with you cute family. Deena.