Sunday, March 8, 2009

Yeah for Grandma!

Zac had a four day weekend so we decided to pack up and go to my mom's house for the weekend. We had so much fun relaxing and getting a break from the drudgery of every day life.

We got there and Teagan ran to the slide, climbed up and went down. Last time we were there he didn't even attempt to climb. He is such a funny boy.

My mom literally has the greatest ideas in the world. here is the latest: Painting the sidewalk with water. Teagan and Zac both loved it. I would highly recommend to any mom out there. I would have Loved doing this as a kid.



Zac got an electronic dart board from my mom for his birthday. We had a lot of fun playing with it! We also played a lot of Texas Hold em, which is SO fun!
My mom has mannequins from her school so I broght one out and we taught Teagan how to shake hands. hehe

I am in charge of Girls Camp for my church and the theme I've chosen is "Treasure Seekers." I decided that I needed a fancy treasure box so me and madre got to work.


We started with a winnie the pooh chest that I've had since about age 8.
I painted it white and then we painted it this color.
Then we got creative and my mom got about 4 different colors of paint and she painted and I dabbed here and rubbed there with a paper towel and some textured fabric.
Here is the finished box. I couldn't get the camera to show how awesome the different textures and colors look together. She had gold paint so it glimmers in the sun. We also waxed it at the end so it is shiny. We are going to make a big latch/buckle decked out in treasury goodies. It was so fun doing a project with my mom. She is so incredibly talented, I'm amazed.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your blog. You and your Mom are so alike.

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

That looks like fun, and I am for sure going to try that painting the sidewalk thing, genius!

Megan said...

I love the sidewalk painting, what a great idea! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Tanalyn said...

That's a great picture of you and your mom. How fun and how creative!

Adam and Lisa said...

Holy cow, that box is amazing! You are in charge of camp?!?! Man, I do not envy you.