I want to tell the rest of my cockroach story so that it can be known that I am not a horrible housekeeper.
The same day that I saw the army under my fridge I went and bought this gel stuff from Lowes (courtesy of my manager :)) that I put in all the corners around the fridge. It was nasty because there would be dead roaches next to the gel, but at least they were dead and I could just suck them up with my vacuum. I didn't see live ones for about a week and then all of the sudden they were back.
I was seeing like 1 a day and it was so gross. I kept bugging my manager (no pun intended) and she got someone to come spray the outside of all of the buildings, but i insisted on having a treatment done for the inside as well. She said ok and planned to get all the apartments in my building treated.
So yesterday my manager comes by to schedule a time for today (yeah!!) and said that they were going to spray everything because it was so bad. I told her that I hadn't seen a roach since Sunday and she was like, "oh really, that's funny because Monday we sprayed the apartment that backs up to yours." This is why i hate apartment living. It really doesn't matter how many insect traps and how often I wipe my countertops and clorox my sink and mop the floors, if my neighbors decide to be slobs I can't stop the creepy crawlies from infesting my apartment.
The good news is that the roaches are gone and they are still going to treat my apartment to prevent them from coming back. I guess the plus of living in the apartment is that I just have to call and complain and she has to figure out how to solve the problem. :)
I am just happy that I'm not sharing my kitchen floor anymore.
Veggie Smoothies
16 years ago

2 comments:
Ugh!!! I hope the manager gave your neighbors a good talking to!
I had a similar experience when I lived in Cali. Some how they got in to the pipes of our ice-maker and ended freezing in the ice. I never ate the ice out of the ice-maker yuck!!! I feel for ya.
Post a Comment