Thursday, November 8, 2018

Growing up too Fast!

This sweet little Everly is growing and changing so fast.  She turned one and still felt like a baby, crawling and doing her funny little scoot all over.  She loved to be snuggled before bedtime and wasn't afraid of strangers.  Then she learned how to walk and it's like she is leaving babyhood.  She took her first steps when she was 13 months old and now, two or three weeks later she is walking full time, everywhere she goes.  It just feels like walking has changed her into a big kid and it is breaking my heart.  She doesn't want to snuggle with me anymore, I try to force and bribe, but she won't have any of it.  She all the sudden knows exactly what she wants and she communicates by screaming a blood curdling scream.  This poses issues because Adeline is pretty rough with her, it's a full time job protecting this bobbling baby from being pushed over by her bored sister, so she has learned that screaming gets my attention and I save her from Adeline.  Now she just screams all the time because it is so effective.  What happened to my sweet, good natured baby?!?!?!  Bring her back!!  She is probably turning into a fun little toddler, I need to just be excited about the next phase.  It is adorable that she loves baby dolls and loves feeding them a bottle, she tries to build and play pretend, she thinks animals in books and their noises are hilarious, she loves to be outside (hello winter 😭), loves to wrestle and be thrown around by Dad, and loves to follow me around ALLLLL day and whine and scream...oh wait, I was being optimistic.  Oops.

Can you tell that it's been a rough day?  They are both down for naps right now and I am going to go take a much needed break and read a book.  Maybe it will all look brighter in a few hours.  For now, I will stare at these adorable pictures and try to imagine this morning away.





No comments: