Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reflections of a Disney Cruise

We had the best time on our Disney Cruise.  We were able to go with a lot of our family which was so amazing.

 I really feel like we enjoyed it to the fullest.  If you know me well, than you'll know that I am rigid about schedules; naptimes, bedtimes, meals, food, junk food.  I don't usually make exceptions and after this trip I realized that I need to more often.  Before we went, we decided that we weren't going to worry about fighting food battles (which means letting the kids order whatever they want and pretty much eat ice cream at will) or making the kids nap and sleep all the time.  I didn't stress about naps and bedtime and just let Eloise sleep in the stroller a lot.  We did take her to the nursery for naps a couple times when things were getting rough.  I let them stay up later and sleep in and they were fine.  Eloise was definitely more emotional and fussy at dinner, but it was nothing too awful and we were able to enjoy our time a lot more.  Kids are more flexible than I thought.

I loved having so much time with family.  We were able to go do our own thing all day, meet up with everyone for dinner and then hang out with the adults in the evening while the kids were asleep in our room.  Zac hasn't had that much time off in a row since he was in school so it was such a nice break!

I loved that we weren't stressed about doing every single thing on the boat.  We definitely tried to get in a lot of fun, but we weren't obsessive about it and that kept it fun.  There were so many things that we missed, but it was okay.

I really would love to go again, it was like a week in a dream.  Coming home to snow was a little depressing, but we've adjusted back to real life...almost.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm finally feeling adjusted and the cruise is starting to turn into an old memory. I'm so glad we have lots of pictures.