I wrote these down a month ago and apparently never posted them, whoops.
On a particularly dreary no-nap day I made the mistake of running a few errands with my delightful young child. It didn't take long to discover that this was a mistake. He was just having a hard time coping with life in general and was really clumsy and whiny, I was past the end of patience. I made it a quick trip and hurried back to the car to return home. As I'm unloading the shopping cart into my car, Teagan looks over at a couple ladies walking out of the store and yells "Hey YOU! Wanna fight?" They looked and then pretended they didn't hear and walked away. I displayed some wonderful parenting by doing nothing but say "Teagan!!!" in a shocked voice. What's a mom to do? I skipped his nap, I introduced him to the grouchy lady bug book that he learned that saying from, I took him shopping when he was so far beyond exhausted. sigh. lesson learned. Hopefully he isn't damaged too deeply by my lack of intervention at his terrible naughtiness.
At my sister's house we went to church and Teagan had a lot of fun in primary. During singing time he apparently was chosen for some rendition of a "name that song" game. Him and an older boy (I think they said he was 11) both went up and the leaders gave a line from the song. The boy said "I have no idea" and Teagan recognized it as his favorite song, "Praise to the Man," and belted it out for the whole primary. (I wasn't there for it but we were told by a few of the leaders so I think the details are murky, but I would have LOVED to have been there!)
Teagan: "Am I going to be able to sleep in a sleeping bag at our home like at aunt Julie's house?"
Me: "No, why would you want to?"
Teagan: "Because it's so wonderful."

No comments:
Post a Comment