Friday, September 2, 2011

Baby #2

Hi blogger friends, I figure that being great with child is a worthy blog post. :) I'm currently about 13 weeks pregnant and we are so excited at this house! We waited a long time for this baby to join the family (since February of LAST year) so we are more than ready to have another join the crowd. I figure that we patiently waited for about 16 months so the 9 months I'm actually carrying the baby should be a breeze!

I think Teagan is the most excited out of everyone (besides me and Zac). We were so excited when we found out that we told him right then...oops. He proceeded to make the announcement at his cousin Tay's birthday party when i was only 6 weeks pregnant....I was so sad!!! We wanted to wait as long as possible to tell everyone, at least until the morning sickness was over and the chances for miscarriage were decreased. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Then I started getting pleasantly plump in the belly region and realized that waiting too long was going to be impossible since it is blatantly obvious that my belly is getting bigger. So I decided that for the next baby I'll do lots of ab workouts before I get prego so that I can hide it a little better for a little longer (and we won't tell our children!)

Best parts of being pregnant-
*I'm going to be the mom of a sweet baby in only 6 months!!!!
*I'm not sick and I have tons of energy again, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second trimester already!
*We are experiencing the miracle of working hand in hand with God (it's like with our garden on a much much bigger level)
*Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the little babe doing cartwheels on the ultrasound
*hearing the heart beat again, I can't get enough of the reassurance that things are okay
*I think I'm feeling the nesting vibe coming on and I actually WANT to decorate my house, finally

Not so best parts of being pregant-
*Morning sickness, what was up with the heartburn and puking this time??? Teagan was a breeze, I had no idea...but it's over!
*My wild hips that are starting to move around or something because my low back makes me nuts, luckily my fabulous spouse can fix that this time around, LOVING him these days except that he makes me do exercises to fix it...
*no meds for migraines...loving the spouse for that too-he works my neck over and they go away (seriously, how was I prego before without a full time PT at my side?)
*In-between stage where you just look chubby, please belly, round out a little. Thank you

Stories of Teagan:
I had to go in and have some blood work done when I was about 7 weeks pregnant (I had been spotting, but luckily everything turned out to be A-okay). I was a little nervous about getting the shot and I voiced this to Teagan (I know, he's probably too young, but I wanted him to distract me)

Teagan: It's okay mom, if you're really brave I will give you a sucker and a sticker

They took the blood and I passed out (It was a new girl and I was hungry and nauseous already and she stabbed me like 10 times, and I'm extremely weak when it comes to these things)

Teagan: Mom, why were you sleeping
Me: I just passed out because the shot made me sick
Teagan: Do you still get a sucker or should I have it?

He ate the sucker. :)


At the Dr's office again he was with me and I was telling him about what the ultrasound would be like. He REALLY wanted to get on the bed.

Me: Teagan that bed is only for people who have a baby in their tummy
Teagan: Oh, I do have a baby in my tummy (shakes his head and chuckles at me) Coney is in my tummy
Me: Oh really
Teagan: Yeah, he's just waiting in there to come out later, so I need to get on the bed and take a picture of my belly to see Coney.


Wow, this is a long post, sorry! hopefully you skipped the boring stuff. :)


5 comments:

Julie said...

This post had no boring stuff! That Teagan is so funny! We're so excited for you, loved the post!

Garth and Alicia said...

Yay!!! Congratulations again my sweet sweet sissy! Your posts are always fun to read. Exciting to decorate. You sis-in-law Sheena has some great tricks I love. DI+spray paint. Teagan is so funny. It's great to see the love and logic reversed. "Should you have the sucker or should I?" So funny. Grateful to Zac for helping you out so much! What a team you make!! Enjoy your 2nd tri!!

Megan said...

Teagan is so funny!! I'm so happy for you guys, so exciting, congratulations!! New life is so amazing. <3

brittneyboucha said...

Congratulations on baby #2! I'm so excited for you guys. This baby is so lucky to be coming to you guys!!!

Jewels said...

Congrats you three! :)